Fun company, great co-workers

Current Employee - Verification Representative in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Verification Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SoftRock full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a lot of in-office and extracurricular activities to participate in. I really like my coworkers and have bonded with them and become friends. I am an outgoing person so I do well at my job.

Cons

Constantly changing workplace that could be overwhelming for some. High standards for performance.

Advice to Management

Keep reminding employees of their value because it is the best way to keep us working productively.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Make sure this job is right for you!

Former Employee - Employment/Verification Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Employment/Verification Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at SoftRock full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well decorated office. Nice break room and offices. Everyone is for the most part professional.

Cons

I definitely recommend making sure that the job as "Employment Specialist" is right for you. I feel very foolish for quitting my previous job before making sure that this is a position for me. While Softrock's process is legal, it does not mean it is helpful or good for people. In this tough economy, I cannot in good conscience tell someone that they need to go back to school before they get back on their feet and get a job. Education is good and helpful but marketing education under the guise of helping someone get a job is not helpful. I had no problem suggesting education to someone, but this particular position is commission based upon someone agreeing to find out more about getting an education. This may be good and acceptable for some but not for others. I did also feel that the process was misrepresentative to the job website "user".

Manager in Training Program

Current Employee - Manager In Training in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager In Training in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SoftRock full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very upfront with what the job entails and put you through a complete training program. The amount of material they provide to get you ready for the job is outstanding.

Cons

The training program may be a little too rigorous, expecting you to work long hours. Parking at the building is all reserved, so you have to park a building away and walk in the Florida heat.

Advice to Management

Perhaps move offices so that everyone can have a parking space on the property. Also, cut down on the hours for trainees.