There are newer employer reviews for Softcat

Great culture and atmosphere, if sales is for you then this is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Marlow, England (UK)
Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, excellent incentive trips based on amount over target to great locations across the world. Regular fun team nights out that are paid for by the company as well as various competitions and prizes from vendors and partner companies that regularly come in to the office. Great people and training , you can learn a lot from the people you're working with as well as picking up various accreditations along the way. Good opportunities for close customer contact and a good culture with a young and energetic workforce. Two regional offices so opportunities to move although no office in London as yet.

Cons

Basic salary is very low and commission is not the best in the industry. It can become very difficult and hard on morale when your peers are hitting targets and you're not.It's a great place to work if you're doing very well and over exceeding targets but money is very poor if you're under target and basic salary is subject to only very small pay rises. Managers sometimes get over involved in their own work as they essentially still have the same Account Manager role as the sales force to take care of. Great opportunity to earn lot's of money £100K+ if you're dedicated to sales and have a good knowledge of the IT industry.

NA

33 Other Employee Reviews for Softcat (View Most Recent)

Running your own life changing business!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having joined Softcat over 6 years ago now, straight out of university I can honestly say that this business has changed my life. From humble roots when I was calling out to the corporate market place and building relationships with SMB clients to now dealing with multinational, enterprise clients and managing sales teams, the progression, incentives, commission and culture that I work within is incredible. I have been to a large number of places around the world on 5* trips (Hawaii, Vegas, Monaco Grand Prix, Cambodia/ Vietnam, West Coast of America, New York… the list goes on) and while there, Softcat try to give back to the local community (cue building a Hawaiian Town Hall and providing all the raw materials for an underprivileged community amongst other projects). What I love most is the ability to be autonomous with “my business”. I choose what clients I work with, what hours I put in and therefore what commission I earn… the power is in my hands to succeed and it is this responsibility, twinned with the support network that Softcat provides that makes this job so enjoyable.

Cons

As is the case in all sales environments - you only get out what you put in. Many people who do not succeed are simply not prepared to go above any beyond and put extra hours in to ensure they are winning business. This is not something that is synonymous with Softcat but in the IT reseller arena in general. That said, when you do work hard and, twinned with the support of Softcat, the rewards are incredible and indicative of a company that is picking up awards left, right and centre (and not just with vendors... with industry HR focused companies).

Keep it going and work hard on getting to number 1 place to work in Europe!

Former Technical Consultant.

Former Employee - Technical Consultant
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant

I worked at Softcat

Pros

As I was not office based could not think of any, I am sure if you are in your early 20's fresh out of uni then this is the place for you.

Cons

Worst place I worked for as a Technical Consultant. If I was in sales then this would probably be a 5 star review, but from my point of view I felt like an over used machine.

Do not put new senior tech consultants under the same umbrella as juniors. Be honest about the average working hours. Listen to the concerns of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Softcat

Worked for Softcat? Contribute to the Community!