There are newer employer reviews for Softcat

Great culture and atmosphere, if sales is for you then this is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England (UK)
Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, excellent incentive trips based on amount over target to great locations across the world. Regular fun team nights out that are paid for by the company as well as various competitions and prizes from vendors and partner companies that regularly come in to the office. Great people and training , you can learn a lot from the people you're working with as well as picking up various accreditations along the way. Good opportunities for close customer contact and a good culture with a young and energetic workforce. Two regional offices so opportunities to move although no office in London as yet.

Cons

Basic salary is very low and commission is not the best in the industry. It can become very difficult and hard on morale when your peers are hitting targets and you're not.It's a great place to work if you're doing very well and over exceeding targets but money is very poor if you're under target and basic salary is subject to only very small pay rises. Managers sometimes get over involved in their own work as they essentially still have the same Account Manager role as the sales force to take care of. Great opportunity to earn lot's of money £100K+ if you're dedicated to sales and have a good knowledge of the IT industry.

NA

34 Other Employee Reviews for Softcat (View Most Recent)

What a place... Incredible

Current Employee - EUC Consultant in Marlow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - EUC Consultant in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started this job just weeks ago, I'm in the EUC department and I think I can count the amount of times I've paid for lunch on one hand, so far. The people are amazing and what really make this company. There's always something going on, sweets, chocolate bars, beers, parties - pretty much a weekly occurrence. I came from a big corporate company and things were so different, at Softcat there is a sense of openness, colleagues share their experiences; managers don't boss you about and overall a very relaxing environment to work in. I find it really excells my learning through the amount of support you get from like minded people and budget for things like training and courses.

The incentives are insane: random games in the office which can attract up to tens of thousands of pounds, cash prize. Themed days in the office where it is compulsory to partake in fancy dress. Along with 5 star trips all paid for, parties big and small, I'm really looking forward to the Christmas ball!

It has so far been a life changing experience for me and I look forward to being there a long time.

Cons

Nothing, oh maybe the amount of hot females in the office, it can't be good for you ;)

Keep it up, just don't lose the personal touch and FUN that has always been an integral part of the business as Softcat grows.

Former Technical Consultant.

Former Employee - Technical Consultant
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant

I worked at Softcat

Pros

As I was not office based could not think of any, I am sure if you are in your early 20's fresh out of uni then this is the place for you.

Cons

Worst place I worked for as a Technical Consultant. If I was in sales then this would probably be a 5 star review, but from my point of view I felt like an over used machine.

Do not put new senior tech consultants under the same umbrella as juniors. Be honest about the average working hours. Listen to the concerns of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Softcat