There are newer employer reviews for Softcat

Great culture and atmosphere, if sales is for you then this is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England (UK)
Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, excellent incentive trips based on amount over target to great locations across the world. Regular fun team nights out that are paid for by the company as well as various competitions and prizes from vendors and partner companies that regularly come in to the office. Great people and training , you can learn a lot from the people you're working with as well as picking up various accreditations along the way. Good opportunities for close customer contact and a good culture with a young and energetic workforce. Two regional offices so opportunities to move although no office in London as yet.

Cons

Basic salary is very low and commission is not the best in the industry. It can become very difficult and hard on morale when your peers are hitting targets and you're not.It's a great place to work if you're doing very well and over exceeding targets but money is very poor if you're under target and basic salary is subject to only very small pay rises. Managers sometimes get over involved in their own work as they essentially still have the same Account Manager role as the sales force to take care of. Great opportunity to earn lot's of money £100K+ if you're dedicated to sales and have a good knowledge of the IT industry.

Advice to Management

NA

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. great here

I have been working at Softcat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

treated as a human, massively successful organisation, lots of parties and incentive trips. voted 2nd best large company to work for in the UK

Cons

massive salary difference between sales and non sales. top talent moves on in these roles

Advice to Management

pay tech more

2. Former Technical Consultant.

Former Employee - Technical Consultant
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant

I worked at Softcat

Pros

As I was not office based could not think of any, I am sure if you are in your early 20's fresh out of uni then this is the place for you.

Cons

Worst place I worked for as a Technical Consultant. If I was in sales then this would probably be a 5 star review, but from my point of view I felt like an over used machine.

Advice to Management

Do not put new senior tech consultants under the same umbrella as juniors. Be honest about the average working hours. Listen to the concerns of employees.