There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Long Distance Micro Management with No Direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

The place had amazing benefits.

Cons

Extreme micro-management. No communication from management of how they expected the job to be done, just how it wasn't done right. No consistency across departments (some departments would come in at 9:30 and leave at 4:00, while others were expected to be in the office from 8:00 until 6:00). No positive feedback, only negative.

I would make sure that all management is on the same page when it came to the employee experience. I would also encourage a little positive feedback from time to time. It's nice to be told when you're doing a job right, and not how horrible you're doing.

175 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Wear blinders if you work here, so you don't know your underpaid.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Decent place to learn about techology sales, but it's a 12 to 18 month job at most. Sales people used to have a good reputation, but there's a lot of turnover.

Cons

Company has a lot of debt, and makes poor decisions or necessary decisions to keep it a float. They acquired companies to foster growth, and it's not panned out right. Expectations and growth rates that management has for it's reps are too aggressive, and most importantly compensation is low. Especially comparing it to some of their competitors.

Pay the employees fairly and people may stay longer than 1 to 2 years. There are more talented options for leaders with good management skills / prospects besides those with a background at Xerox.

Fun place to start a career

Current Employee - SMB Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SMB Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

The people and the training are great. For people that work hard and do their jobs well there are many opportunities for advancement. The work is easy but the pay is good and if you can sell the pay is great.

Cons

Their yearend is at the end Dec 31st so you have to work through the holidays.

Compared to my previous employer the management at Softchoice is great and realy seems to care. I think there could be improvement in communication around operational issues and companywide changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!