Are we really the best?

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Being able to interact with Senior Management; its a great place to learn the technology industry and interact regularly with many key manufactures keeping pace for the industry; reputable organization - integrity first; it feels like you are a part of a family.

Cons

Competition is poaching our employees, every other LAR/VAR copies our business plan- though they are years late to the table, and you have to work 50-60 hrs a week to be really sucessful here; bleeding orange is almost necessary.

Advice to Management

We are strategic and fair with our customers; Shouldn't the same be said for our key sales employees? I don't think telesales feels respected. Though, I have always been treated fairly and with the highest level of respect.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

good place to start, but need to move on quickly for $$$

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

environment is great it is a young company with a fun atmosphere. The dogs in the office are a nice touch as well as beer cart friday. the benefits are fantastic, and we have fun company functions. The training programs are pretty good, and there is a little travel you get to do.

Cons

The compensation is poor, and the commission structure is hard to define. The growth expectations are out of this world making it hard to achieve monthly goals. The company is reducing the workforce currently so there is tension in the air.

Advice to Management

better pay will keep your employees around.

2. A great place to get your feet wet in technology sales.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

It's a great place to get your feet wet in the Technology world. A job here can open doors to great companies like Microsoft, IBM, Symantec etc...

Cons

It's a churn and burn operation. High attrition rate which is to be expected at any entry level sales organization.

Advice to Management

It's tough to say. They run a pretty tight ship but it's definitely sink or swim if you're working in a sales capacity. The model seems to be working pretty well for them. As a sales rep there is very limited opportunity for advancement. Figure out a way to retain your employees.