There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

"An amazing place to grow and develop! It's what you make of it. "

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Softchoice has a very supportive environment for growth and development. You have the freedom to develop your own business and reap recognition. The people at Softchoice are amazing! By far why I enjoy coming to work every day. It's special to be able to work with people you can be friends with, admire, and be inspired by. I also believe in how SC does business, in the end its all about doing the right thing for the client.. Great industry and you can learn a lot!

Cons

Seems some ppl take advantage of the supportive environment and don't understand we are here to get a job done. The culture can be tricky, you can either work hard and get a ton of recognition or be average and sometimes 'get by' - that can be dangerous. I do think work life balance can be challenging, however I think this is the reality with any sales job. Technology is a fast paced business with clients that want everything now. More work = more $.

Management doing a great job.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Bad management!!!

Former Employee - Softchoice Anonymous  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Softchoice Anonymous in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Great urban environment, dog friendly, in-house gym, beer car, training programs, work events, free lunches or afternoon snacks, and benefits are good.

Cons

* Extremely high turnover-rate due to horrible management.
    * Management play favorites.
    * If you have an issue or concern, keep it to yourself. If you display any negative feelings/thoughts, your soon to be out the door.
    * They encourage a team environment but they don't. Just sit at your desk and don't ask questions or if you do, it will come back to bite you and eventually you'll be fired.
    * Too many supervisors and managers. (too many hands in one pot)
    * Very high expectations to meet metrics, very competitive. (It's a dog eat dog world!)

Instead of firing, own up to it and make the necessary changes to have a happy employee who will stay longer than 1 year. Don't make promises you don't plan to keep. Reward employees with positive feedback instead of always giving constructive criticisms ALL THE TIME. Communications need to be improved between TSM's and other department managers/supervisors. It's terrible!

Terrible, would not recommend this company to anyone

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

The benefits serve quite well and the occasional happy hours are nice.

Cons

Supervisors/management are hardly there for you- they often place unrealistic expectations but aren't there to guide, support, or encourage professional growth. Hardly any work/life balance, they make you crank out results/sales in additional to providing excellent customer service to clients- the workload of 3-5 people get placed on just you alone. The job can be extremely stressful, definitely a cut-throat company and I not recommend this place to anyone.No positive feedback to employees and supervisors only look out for themselves and how they can advance faster. There are many other company's in this industry that will look out for your professional growth, health, and happiness, so choose them instead.

Consider hiring more reps to spread out the workload. I think many complaints I've heard and experienced myself come from the feeling that we can't meet expectations and hence we become burnt out. The company is placing a tremendous amount of pressure on the reps- hire more people instead of allowing overkill workload.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!