There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

You work for Softchoice? QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

When you're young and have low expectations, the Beer Fridays and Take your Dog to Work seem like a great thing. If you have little desire to be more then an amateur salesperson, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Upper management is a joke. Their philosophy is to pour a few beers down their employees throats and assume they'll overlook the fact that their comp plan sucks and their reps are a bunch of Koolaide drinking dorks who love to scream "I bleed Orange" at Launch in Toronto"! It's unbelievable!!!! Obviously these kids out of college buy into it before they mature enough to realize they've been used by this Canadian way of doing business. US stockholders would never put up with this type of BS.

QUIT!!!!! Go to work at 7 Eleven and let your employees drink free Slushies every Friday!

170 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Are we really the best?

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Being able to interact with Senior Management; its a great place to learn the technology industry and interact regularly with many key manufactures keeping pace for the industry; reputable organization - integrity first; it feels like you are a part of a family.

Cons

Competition is poaching our employees, every other LAR/VAR copies our business plan- though they are years late to the table, and you have to work 50-60 hrs a week to be really sucessful here; bleeding orange is almost necessary.

We are strategic and fair with our customers; Shouldn't the same be said for our key sales employees? I don't think telesales feels respected. Though, I have always been treated fairly and with the highest level of respect.

good place to start, but need to move on quickly for $$$

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

environment is great it is a young company with a fun atmosphere. The dogs in the office are a nice touch as well as beer cart friday. the benefits are fantastic, and we have fun company functions. The training programs are pretty good, and there is a little travel you get to do.

Cons

The compensation is poor, and the commission structure is hard to define. The growth expectations are out of this world making it hard to achieve monthly goals. The company is reducing the workforce currently so there is tension in the air.

better pay will keep your employees around.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!