Softchoice

www.softchoice.com
  www.softchoice.com
There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Good place to start out of school, but must move on ASAP to make $$$

Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

The dogs and the beer make the office a very comfortable place to be, and the people are the strongest asset they have. Pretty office and good location. Trips and prizes are fun sometimes.

Cons

I wish they understood the employees are their best asset. They use the dogs and beer to hide the worse compensation package in the industry. Upper management could care less about their inside team. No room for upward mobility if you don't drink the Koolaid. Management tends to value personal relationships rather than professional performances for promotion opps. Losing touch with the Small company feel they were built on.

respect your inside team, compensate appropriately, do not force additional workload on your valuable employees then not pay them for the additional hours necessary to do their job.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Softchoice: The Big Orange

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Work environment. The culture within Softchoice Corporation is different and more fun than I have ever experienced from any other job.

You are able to speak your mind. You are encouraged to share, collaborate, and take the lead on a daily basis. I get to speak with upper management just as easily as my peers. The upper management will not let their job titles build up their ego's. I get the opportunity to take control of my work day without a set schedule from my employer.

Cons

You're not going to be able to change the world from day one. If you understand that this is a company that is moved more effectively through political alliances plus results then you should be fine.

Keep up the tradition of recognizing what makes the company special.

Make a little money, then figure out a way to get what you are worth....somewher else!!!!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Good people, environment. The people are what makes this company what it is, and senior management doesnt seem to see that.

Cons

Mangement just doesnt seem to know how to manage. People are promoted based on numbers and that doesnt always translate to management ability. Pay sucks...get paid to bust your hump and dont see any raises. Only "bring us more" and get paid the same...or less.

Reevaluate the way to pay your people and treat your people, especially those that have been there a while. Note for Chicago management...your attitude is what has made this place a miserable environment to work in.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice