Good place to start out of school, but must move on ASAP to make $$$

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

The dogs and the beer make the office a very comfortable place to be, and the people are the strongest asset they have. Pretty office and good location. Trips and prizes are fun sometimes.

Cons

I wish they understood the employees are their best asset. They use the dogs and beer to hide the worse compensation package in the industry. Upper management could care less about their inside team. No room for upward mobility if you don't drink the Koolaid. Management tends to value personal relationships rather than professional performances for promotion opps. Losing touch with the Small company feel they were built on.

respect your inside team, compensate appropriately, do not force additional workload on your valuable employees then not pay them for the additional hours necessary to do their job.

Other Reviews for Softchoice

Softchoice: The Big Orange

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Work environment. The culture within Softchoice Corporation is different and more fun than I have ever experienced from any other job.

You are able to speak your mind. You are encouraged to share, collaborate, and take the lead on a daily basis. I get to speak with upper management just as easily as my peers. The upper management will not let their job titles build up their ego's. I get the opportunity to take control of my work day without a set schedule from my employer.

Cons

You're not going to be able to change the world from day one. If you understand that this is a company that is moved more effectively through political alliances plus results then you should be fine.

Keep up the tradition of recognizing what makes the company special.

You work for Softchoice? QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

When you're young and have low expectations, the Beer Fridays and Take your Dog to Work seem like a great thing. If you have little desire to be more then an amateur salesperson, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Upper management is a joke. Their philosophy is to pour a few beers down their employees throats and assume they'll overlook the fact that their comp plan sucks and their reps are a bunch of Koolaide drinking dorks who love to scream "I bleed Orange" at Launch in Toronto"! It's unbelievable!!!! Obviously these kids out of college buy into it before they mature enough to realize they've been used by this Canadian way of doing business. US stockholders would never put up with this type of BS.

QUIT!!!!! Go to work at 7 Eleven and let your employees drink free Slushies every Friday!

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice.

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!