Softchoice
www.softchoice.com Toronto, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Learned a lot at Mid Year Event

Outbound Representative (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice part-time for less than a year

ProsBeer Cart Friday is fun, but surprised the company wants the liability associated with us hitting the streets afterwards :)
Bring Dog to work is unique and great if you have a dog.

ConsWe just came back from our Mid Year event in Chicago. I am a fairly new empIoyee and learned a lot. Softchoice had modified our commission program to incent us to sell services. However, zero percent of my peers from around the country feel comfortable with our ability to deliver on the services if we sell them. Too many projects all over the country have been less than successful. We have a choice - (1) maximize our commision by selling something that puts our customer at risk or (2) jepordize our relationship with customers that trust us. I have sold services successfully before at another company, but can not in good conscience do that here. After the mid year trip to Chicago with many conversations with my peers, I now understand how services sales can be flat when that is such a focus this year. I have decided that I need to just chalk this up as momentary lack of judgement when I accepted a job at Softchoice and move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board needs to seriously consider if they believe that current senior leadership has the ability to transform Softchoice from a company that does more than just sell product. Fresh talent at the top with leadship skills and an understanding of the solutions business could pay huge dividends to stockholders.

A great starting company.

Vendor Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros: Coming out of college, a great compnay to get your feet wet with. Young people, young manager, easy going… Cons: Growth isn't always based on ability, but also your ability to join the gossip group. It feels a bit like high school or an episode… Advice to Senior Management: Stay connected to day to day sales activity and don't focus on… More

Long Distance Micro Management with No Direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Softchoice

Pros: The place had amazing benefits. Cons: Extreme micro-management. No communication from management of how they expected the job to be done, just how it wasn't done right. No consistency… Advice to Senior Management: I would make sure that all management is on the same page when it came to the employee experience. I would also encourage a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Softchoice.

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Softchoice reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Softchoice CEO David MacDonald. All reviews posted anonymously by Softchoice employees.