Softchoice

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Insight from Professional Services

Current Employee - Professional Services in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Professional Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Softchoice is a company that is trying to grow
We can bring our dog into the office. It is cool to meet other workers pets.

Cons

I am a billable PS resource. I need to respond to the outbound rep that said that the sales people do not have confidence in the services organization to deliver if they sell our internal services. A service engagement that is "less than successful" is often not the fault of the technical person. Our managers feel such pressure from the top to hit unreasonable ultization numbers, that they often send us on projects where the right thing to do would be to use a partner that has the exact skills necessary to hit a home run. There is a general lack of concern for our customers in senior leadership and in some of our services leadership. PS and Pre-sale technical resources have had enough of the current direction and many have already left. I will not be far behind.

211 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Learned a lot at Mid Year Event

Current Employee - Outbound Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Outbound Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Beer Cart Friday is fun, but surprised the company wants the liability associated with us hitting the streets afterwards :)
    Bring Dog to work is unique and great if you have a dog.

Cons

We just came back from our Mid Year event in Chicago. I am a fairly new empIoyee and learned a lot. Softchoice had modified our commission program to incent us to sell services. However, zero percent of my peers from around the country feel comfortable with our ability to deliver on the services if we sell them. Too many projects all over the country have been less than successful. We have a choice - (1) maximize our commision by selling something that puts our customer at risk or (2) jepordize our relationship with customers that trust us. I have sold services successfully before at another company, but can not in good conscience do that here. After the mid year trip to Chicago with many conversations with my peers, I now understand how services sales can be flat when that is such a focus this year. I have decided that I need to just chalk this up as momentary lack of judgement when I accepted a job at Softchoice and move on.

The board needs to seriously consider if they believe that current senior leadership has the ability to transform Softchoice from a company that does more than just sell product. Fresh talent at the top with leadship skills and an understanding of the solutions business could pay huge dividends to stockholders.

A great starting company.

Current Employee - Vendor Sales Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Vendor Sales Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Coming out of college, a great compnay to get your feet wet with. Young people, young manager, easy going work environment. Dogs in the office and casual dress. They will train you and let you learn the business.

Cons

Growth isn't always based on ability, but also your ability to join the gossip group. It feels a bit like high school or an episode of the office at times. They make it tough to seperate work and family while still growing. They endorse unprofessional behavior at times as long as those individuals are hitting numbers. They build a culture of work hard, play hard. The same mentality is going to limit their high end growth potential in the industry.

Stay connected to day to day sales activity and don't focus on the bottom line. Grow yourself by doing and leading, not just managing.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice