There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Elitest attitudes in a sub-par working environment

Former Employee - Network Engineer  in  Norcross, GA
Former Employee - Network Engineer in Norcross, GA

I worked at Softchoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is slightly above average for the same job eslewhere

Cons

Company cut salaries by 10% accross the board so there would be no lay-offs, then two weeks later, laid-off a huge amount of people

Do what you say you are going to do, don't get peoples hopes up, then kick them to the curb

168 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Insight from Professional Services

Current Employee - Professional Services  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Softchoice is a company that is trying to grow
    We can bring our dog into the office. It is cool to meet other workers pets.

Cons

I am a billable PS resource. I need to respond to the outbound rep that said that the sales people do not have confidence in the services organization to deliver if they sell our internal services. A service engagement that is "less than successful" is often not the fault of the technical person. Our managers feel such pressure from the top to hit unreasonable ultization numbers, that they often send us on projects where the right thing to do would be to use a partner that has the exact skills necessary to hit a home run. There is a general lack of concern for our customers in senior leadership and in some of our services leadership. PS and Pre-sale technical resources have had enough of the current direction and many have already left. I will not be far behind.

Learned a lot at Mid Year Event

Current Employee - Outbound Representative  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Outbound Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice part-time for less than a year

Pros

Beer Cart Friday is fun, but surprised the company wants the liability associated with us hitting the streets afterwards :)
    Bring Dog to work is unique and great if you have a dog.

Cons

We just came back from our Mid Year event in Chicago. I am a fairly new empIoyee and learned a lot. Softchoice had modified our commission program to incent us to sell services. However, zero percent of my peers from around the country feel comfortable with our ability to deliver on the services if we sell them. Too many projects all over the country have been less than successful. We have a choice - (1) maximize our commision by selling something that puts our customer at risk or (2) jepordize our relationship with customers that trust us. I have sold services successfully before at another company, but can not in good conscience do that here. After the mid year trip to Chicago with many conversations with my peers, I now understand how services sales can be flat when that is such a focus this year. I have decided that I need to just chalk this up as momentary lack of judgement when I accepted a job at Softchoice and move on.

The board needs to seriously consider if they believe that current senior leadership has the ability to transform Softchoice from a company that does more than just sell product. Fresh talent at the top with leadship skills and an understanding of the solutions business could pay huge dividends to stockholders.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!