There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Don't believe everything you read...

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

There are several positive reason for working at Softchoice. They offer an extensive training program for most roles. They are competitive with their salaries. You get to work in a strong dynamic of successful people. The leaders are in the office with you and are easy to approach. You can bring your dog to work with you. The culture of the office is always positive. There is a gym on site that you don't have to pay for. We offer people who take transit to work, a green commute subsidy. Last but not least, we have beer cart Friday's.

Cons

There aren't too many things that I can say about the work environment that would make it negative. Everyone is positive and upbeat. We try to promote a healthy environment here.

Continue to let your leadership show throughout the organization.

167 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Softchoice is like Mcdonald's seems like a good idea when you are drunk, but does nothing for you in the long run.

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

It is easy to get a job there.

Cons

Pay, this company pays the least I have EVER seen a company pay. There are people working there making $40K and they leave and go to a competitor and DOUBLE their salary. It's unreal. They try to gloss over the pay problem by using words like competitive salaries but they fail to mention that the competitive salary is only for the Senior Leadership. Their training sessions are a joke, the same woman getting employees to watch movies and comment on them...useless. And to add insult to injury the reference you get from Softchoice isn't worth the paper it's written on because every other company knows that Softchoice is a Mickey Mouse operation.

Get experience outside of Xerox.

Disfunctional

Current Employee - ISAM  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - ISAM in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Dog friendly environment and beer cart. The office is pretty cool too. You can wear jeans, runners, etc. Flex like that.

Cons

Long hours, little pay, little recognition, little advancement, no processes in place. Very disorganized and chaotic. They fly by the seat of their pants. The structure is severely lacking. The management staff is young and without allot of experience. They could use some training on dealing with their reps and providing positive feedback. They really focus on getting out the people who aren't performing as well as they would like. In the last few months, they've downsized quite a bit and made the environment sort of like walking on egg shells. Doesn't make it the most warm or inviting space right now.

Pay more attention to what your team needs from you. Don't let other people's work spill over into someone else's lap.

Read above.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!