There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Great, but....

I have been working at Softchoice full-time

Pros

Softchoice has a great corporate culture and it is evident in the way people interact with each other. They take pride in developing their employees and improving skills that are not only useful in career progression, but are transferable to any organization.

Yes, the decor, dogs and beer are great, but it's the people you work with that make Softchoice a pleasant place to work at.

Cons

With the recent announcements of our senior management team, I was disappointed to find out they were all white, males. For a company with such diverse employees, you would think that upper management and executives would reflect that.

More organizations in this industry are recognizing the need for diversity at all levels of the organization. Diversity breeds innovation and new ideas. This is the only way a company can truly move forward, much faster than its competition.

169 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Poor Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

They let you bring your dog into work. While I do not have a dog, it creates a cool work environment.

Cons

I came from the Unis Lumin acquistion, so I have been on board for a little over a year. I have worked for a number of technology companies and have never seen so much incompetent management, starting with the senior leadership team. In the short time I have been here, we are now on our third leader of professional services. The first 2 left saying that they could not be successful building a services practice at Softchoice (alluding to the incompetence of the leadership team to which they reported), even though they were extremely successful doing at previous companies. The person in that role now is also our CIO, so he is not able to focus completely on the PS practice. As far as I know, he has no experience running a PS practice. Our entire focus last year was around growing professional services, but our year end numbers were WAY below 50% of plan. This leads a lot of us to believe that there could be significant changes at the highest levels in the organization. Only time will tell.

Look to add an industry veteren to senior leadership team with experience in building a solutions business, who's expertise is in more than selling a Microsoft license.

Manager

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity for advancement
    Great Culture

Cons

Disconnected departments
    Too much finger pointing

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!