There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Solid place to build early job experience

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Good place to build up experience,

Cons

Compensation is low, but balnced with experience of work force probably not out of band

build up pate for high performers that is more substantial than "Morpheus"

176 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Challenging, but very rewarding.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Softchoice full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The physical space is excellent. The people are brilliant. I never had a "personnel" issue in 8 years. Occasional disagreements sure, but nothing that lasted the day. Lots of new stuff to deal with and training to help but you had to push for it. I started in a moderate position and was promoted to Director so career opportunity is there. Executives make every opportunity to communicate to employees about company events.

Cons

Changes to benefits and parking costs were not positive. Not terrible - benefits are still good just not as good. Old fashioned performance review process is a complete pain.

Formal training process would be good for non-sales staff. I would prefer to see heads of department when hired to be hired either from the department or from qualified external candidates. At a senior level, hiring from other internal departments can work but it is possible that favoritism can become apparent.

A perfect place to start a career

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Softchoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came to Softchoice very young, nervous that I didn't have what it takes to grow a career. I was in the marketing department. I was met with amazing leaders, managers and colleagues, and it's turned into a life changing experience. I was always blown away by their focus on individual growth. You get the feeling they care about your life, and not just the company bottom line.

Cons

As a sales organization, the other departments sometimes don't feel as important, and that can be discouraging. Especially for us millenials.

Don't abandon your focus on employees. You guys were very inspiring and I was in awe about how much energy went into goal settings and one on ones. This is sorely lacking in every job I have had since.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!