Softchoice - Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

The culture is great, and we all take care of eachother in a competitve sales environment. Benfits are second to none, management is strong and competent. One major pro is the team of resources we have at our disposal from a pre and post sales process

Cons

My income doesn't seem on par with our competition both from a base salary and commission aspect. While spiffs can be had and commission rates have accelerators, even being at your quota doesn't net what i hear other reps make at our competition.

Advice to Management

pay more money to the people that are hitting quota and exceeding their number. increase the base salary and lower those rates if you think that will drive better production. everything else in Softchoice is above average, culture, leadership, benefits, etc. Let's just try to meet those pros from a total income standpoint

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Softchoice: The Big Orange

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Work environment. The culture within Softchoice Corporation is different and more fun than I have ever experienced from any other job.

You are able to speak your mind. You are encouraged to share, collaborate, and take the lead on a daily basis. I get to speak with upper management just as easily as my peers. The upper management will not let their job titles build up their ego's. I get the opportunity to take control of my work day without a set schedule from my employer.

Cons

You're not going to be able to change the world from day one. If you understand that this is a company that is moved more effectively through political alliances plus results then you should be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the tradition of recognizing what makes the company special.

Make a little money, then figure out a way to get what you are worth....somewher else!!!!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Good people, environment. The people are what makes this company what it is, and senior management doesnt seem to see that.

Cons

Mangement just doesnt seem to know how to manage. People are promoted based on numbers and that doesnt always translate to management ability. Pay sucks...get paid to bust your hump and dont see any raises. Only "bring us more" and get paid the same...or less.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the way to pay your people and treat your people, especially those that have been there a while. Note for Chicago management...your attitude is what has made this place a miserable environment to work in.