Softchoice

www.softchoice.com
  www.softchoice.com
There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Softchoice is not sure what they want to be

I worked at Softchoice full-time

Pros

Most of the employees in the services area want to be effective, but the leadership does not seem to know what they want to do.

Cons

I was in services. In 2 years, I had 5 managers. Each one wanted to do something different. In fact, at the top of the services organization, there were 4 leaders in the period of time. The first one was removed by the others in senior leadership. I did not know him well, but it appeared that they felt intimidated since he was probably the only true leader in the company and had quite a following. He definitely had positive qualities that they don't. Then they brought in a good friend of theirs to run services who had been successful at a previous company. He said that it did not take him long to realize that he was sold a bill of goods and that he could not be successful at Softchoice. The third one was pretty sharp and seemed to understand the business very well. He had been successful in building a strong services practice at a company that Softchoice acquired. He said that Softchoice was breaking everything that he had created before the company was sold and left. The one that I am assuming is still currently leading the practice seems like a nice person. I do not know much about him since I left shortly after he took over. He was running IT previously before this move with, shall we say, mixed results.

The top executives say that they want to transform the business, but seem to have a lack of direction and are not interested in learning from those that have been successful at other organizations.

Nothing - The already know best and are not interested in advice.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

No training, too much work for very low pay

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Good benefits that start day one, beercart fridays, laid back work environment.

Cons

Absolute worse training program ever, you're told the training is 3 months but all you do is transfer calls and administrative tasks for other reps, nothing that has to do with selling or the actual job. As a result you know nothing when you finish "training" very low pay

Good Culture

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Softchoice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good sales training, opportunity for advancement, good work culture

Cons

lack of leadership, etc etc

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice