Hit it then quit it

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Great place to start but beyone a year it's a bad career move to stay. Come for the training and leave before you're taken advantage of...and remember, a promotion is normally more responsibility for more pay, not more responsibility for less money.

Cons

bad pay. terrible middle management (I can only speak for my experienc with one manager). Major disconnect between remote offices and central office. Telesales is seen as expendable and our value is either not recognized or ignored. Also, be sure to check you're comp pay...I know I'm not the only one that has been short payed for a significant amount of money.

Advice to Management

Better lines of communication down through the company...and back up

reviews filtered by
  1. It could be worse

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Good place to gain entry to the IT industry without being technical.

Cons

Compensation is lacking and the calculation of your commission is vague and it's accuracy is questionable.

Advice to Management

Inside Sales Account Managers are treated with little respect. The determination of your plan is shrouded in mystery which leads to employee dissatisfaction and speculation of wrongdoing by upper management. Bringing a dog to work is great but you still have to have the money to pay your landlord when you get home.

Softchoice is fun but still going through growing pains!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Great people in a great office. Lot of little perks; free food, gifts,bring your dog to work and other spiffs. Not micromanaged a lot of autonomy, get to run your own business. Relaxed work environment allows for some good times. Very accommodating to vacation and personal time off. Limited rules on dress and attire.

Cons

Limited growth potential. Poor management from a support role. Infrastructure not in place to grow as fast as they would want. High turnover. Low salary compared to competitors and other jobs in the same field. Keep acquiring companies with out proper resources. Goals increase faster than industry standards. 401k not very good.

Advice to Management

Increase salary, give more support, and change the structure of roles.