Hit it then quit it

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Great place to start but beyone a year it's a bad career move to stay. Come for the training and leave before you're taken advantage of...and remember, a promotion is normally more responsibility for more pay, not more responsibility for less money.

Cons

bad pay. terrible middle management (I can only speak for my experienc with one manager). Major disconnect between remote offices and central office. Telesales is seen as expendable and our value is either not recognized or ignored. Also, be sure to check you're comp pay...I know I'm not the only one that has been short payed for a significant amount of money.

Advice to Management

Better lines of communication down through the company...and back up

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It could be worse

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Good place to gain entry to the IT industry without being technical.

Cons

Compensation is lacking and the calculation of your commission is vague and it's accuracy is questionable.

Advice to Management

Inside Sales Account Managers are treated with little respect. The determination of your plan is shrouded in mystery which leads to employee dissatisfaction and speculation of wrongdoing by upper management. Bringing a dog to work is great but you still have to have the money to pay your landlord when you get home.

Come learn channel sales and marketing from one of the best, then evaluate your options which will be many.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

The company looks to each employee to figure out how to make an impact on the bottom line, which is actually quite possible [as an individual contributor]. This can be empowering, and a key factor in learning about the larger, business as a whole.

Cons

Since everyone has quite a bit on their plate, it can be at times difficult integrating new people, especially when they do not "get it" out of the gate. This is NOT a place for someone who can't figure things out on their own from time to time (or more often..).

Advice to Management

For the most part; kudos. Softchoice's pay is competitive, but a disproportionate dollar amount comes in bonuses and commission, and very difficult metrics make achieving these bonuses very difficult, which leads to the impression that pay is quite below industry standard. So while the company works extremely hard to be a great place to work for its employees, the aforementioned compensation issue is constantly the single contributing factor that leads to dissatisfaction.