Softchoice

Hit it then quit it

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Great place to start but beyone a year it's a bad career move to stay. Come for the training and leave before you're taken advantage of...and remember, a promotion is normally more responsibility for more pay, not more responsibility for less money.

Cons

bad pay. terrible middle management (I can only speak for my experienc with one manager). Major disconnect between remote offices and central office. Telesales is seen as expendable and our value is either not recognized or ignored. Also, be sure to check you're comp pay...I know I'm not the only one that has been short payed for a significant amount of money.

Better lines of communication down through the company...and back up

228 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

It could be worse

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Good place to gain entry to the IT industry without being technical.

Cons

Compensation is lacking and the calculation of your commission is vague and it's accuracy is questionable.

Inside Sales Account Managers are treated with little respect. The determination of your plan is shrouded in mystery which leads to employee dissatisfaction and speculation of wrongdoing by upper management. Bringing a dog to work is great but you still have to have the money to pay your landlord when you get home.

Fun place to start out after college

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Softchoice, when I was there, was a fun, young company with great learning potential in technology and sales. They hire young managers and move inside sales to outside sales or to inside sales managers regularly. There is opportunity to negotiate large orders and travel to headquarters for annual meetings and training events. They really strive to be the best and make it a fun place to work. Their motto is work hard play hard.

Cons

There are high expectations to meet your sales quota and understand (i.e. be able to quote) a wide variety of products. You are constantly monitored through various statistics that the wily are able to manipulate to make themselves seem more productive than they are in reality. The managers are young and say what they think they are supposed to say than to truly connect with their employees. There is a high turnover because inside sales is an entry level position, and for those who make it to the next level, there is a high standard and they have no problem letting you go if you can't meet the numbers. They strive for excellent customer service and if you can't meet those standards you'll be let go as well.

Hire experienced managers instead of the oldest person on the team.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice