There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

It could be worse

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager
Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Good place to gain entry to the IT industry without being technical.

Cons

Compensation is lacking and the calculation of your commission is vague and it's accuracy is questionable.

Inside Sales Account Managers are treated with little respect. The determination of your plan is shrouded in mystery which leads to employee dissatisfaction and speculation of wrongdoing by upper management. Bringing a dog to work is great but you still have to have the money to pay your landlord when you get home.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career, but you will have to move on to make $$$

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Softchoice did provide solid training for new employees. In addition, I greatly enjoyed my fellow co-workers. I found them to be smart, passionate, and focused on developing and evloving thier careers. In addition, Softchoice has a casual workplace with many social opportunities.

Cons

Softchoice hires great people and trains them well but fails to provide opportunities for advancement. This is a big problem, and leads to significant issues are around morale. In addition, Senior management has a small group of people who consistently get the propmotions and raises. This is extremely frustrating as many people are stymied in a effort move up within the organization. Senior management has a short term view which creates a constant rollercoaster of praise and scorn.

Softchoice senior management should really focus on retaining the many talented people who are looking for work outside the company. The three areas that senior management needs to focus on include:

1. Compensation
    2. Culture
    3. Focus on Senior sales leadership adding value in the people coaching and development process

Hit it then quit it

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Great place to start but beyone a year it's a bad career move to stay. Come for the training and leave before you're taken advantage of...and remember, a promotion is normally more responsibility for more pay, not more responsibility for less money.

Cons

bad pay. terrible middle management (I can only speak for my experienc with one manager). Major disconnect between remote offices and central office. Telesales is seen as expendable and our value is either not recognized or ignored. Also, be sure to check you're comp pay...I know I'm not the only one that has been short payed for a significant amount of money.

Better lines of communication down through the company...and back up

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!