Softchoice

www.softchoice.com
There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Great place to start a career, but you will have to move on to make $$$

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Softchoice did provide solid training for new employees. In addition, I greatly enjoyed my fellow co-workers. I found them to be smart, passionate, and focused on developing and evloving thier careers. In addition, Softchoice has a casual workplace with many social opportunities.

Cons

Softchoice hires great people and trains them well but fails to provide opportunities for advancement. This is a big problem, and leads to significant issues are around morale. In addition, Senior management has a small group of people who consistently get the propmotions and raises. This is extremely frustrating as many people are stymied in a effort move up within the organization. Senior management has a short term view which creates a constant rollercoaster of praise and scorn.

Softchoice senior management should really focus on retaining the many talented people who are looking for work outside the company. The three areas that senior management needs to focus on include:

1. Compensation
2. Culture
3. Focus on Senior sales leadership adding value in the people coaching and development process

223 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

Softchoice is fun but still going through growing pains!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Great people in a great office. Lot of little perks; free food, gifts,bring your dog to work and other spiffs. Not micromanaged a lot of autonomy, get to run your own business. Relaxed work environment allows for some good times. Very accommodating to vacation and personal time off. Limited rules on dress and attire.

Cons

Limited growth potential. Poor management from a support role. Infrastructure not in place to grow as fast as they would want. High turnover. Low salary compared to competitors and other jobs in the same field. Keep acquiring companies with out proper resources. Goals increase faster than industry standards. 401k not very good.

Increase salary, give more support, and change the structure of roles.

Hit it then quit it

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

Great place to start but beyone a year it's a bad career move to stay. Come for the training and leave before you're taken advantage of...and remember, a promotion is normally more responsibility for more pay, not more responsibility for less money.

Cons

bad pay. terrible middle management (I can only speak for my experienc with one manager). Major disconnect between remote offices and central office. Telesales is seen as expendable and our value is either not recognized or ignored. Also, be sure to check you're comp pay...I know I'm not the only one that has been short payed for a significant amount of money.

Better lines of communication down through the company...and back up

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice