There are newer employer reviews for Software Guidance & Assistance

Alignment, Experience, Relationships, Continual Training, Operational Efficiency, Tradition & Innovation = #1 Vendor

I have been working at Software Guidance & Assistance

Pros

I have worked in the staffing industry for over twenty years and love working with the great people at SGA. The company culture is fun and all of the staff members are very friendly and willing to help with any questions you may have. Their core client base includes Fortune 500 clients, Investment Banks, Brokerage Houses, Insurance, Hedge Funds, Retail, Energy and growing. Regular in-house training seminars, social expansion, and contests only add to the high energy of this firm. Also, unlike the other services I have worked with SGA has a database and network of over 3 million resumes and growing that only add to my current network base of twenty years giving me access to business development leads and talent socializing that I would not have had at other firms.

Cons

The early training model took too long to get people up to speed and our trainees feedback was in depth training is both a blessing and a curse. They felt the old training program was a bit confusing and unclear at times. SGA's new trainer has implemented a Boot Camp model & mentor program that is being well received by all.

Love all the new programs that have been implemented ... keep doing what you are doing!

11 Other Employee Reviews for Software Guidance & Assistance (View Most Recent)

Disregard the naysayers

Current Employee - Account Manager/IT Recruiter  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager/IT Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working for this company's Raleigh office about 3 months ago and the negative reviews on this website nearly dissuaded me from accepting the job offer. Given that my experience during the interview process was completely opposite of the reviews, I chose to take a gamble on SGA. Here's my 2 cents as a new employee: If you've worked in the staffing industry, or any sales environment for that matter, you know that patience, perseverance and tenacity are precursors for any success, whatsoever. Recruiting for SGA isn't easy and if you're looking for a job where you can punch the clock and kick back, the company culture probably won't be for you. That being said, I have yet to experience a company where management invests so much time and effort into training it's new employees. I can honestly say I feel like a valued member of the team and more than simply a number as an SGA Recruiter. Every manager in the company has been in the business for years, is passionate about what they do and is champing at the bit to share their expertise with you. If you're willing to work hard, they're willing to work hard with you. I wanted to post a quick review to help other people who are considering a job with SGA to make an educated decision.

Cons

The in depth training is both a blessing and a patience-tester. You will be micromanaged at first and at this point in my career with SGA, I'm ready for more responsibility. That being said, I was told in the very first interview that this would be the scenario and asked if I was comfortable with that. Also, just to clarify...the base pay is $32,500/year. I'm young and new in my career so I don't mind.

Software Guidance and Assistance takes a genuine interest in their employee's success!

Current Employee - Account Manager/IT Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager/IT Recruiter in Houston, TX

Pros

They provide a comprehensive training program in New York at their headquarters that is beneficial not only for the seasoned veteran, but also for those new to the industry. Learning and mastering different technologies daily, getting the chance to understand the culture and business practices, and setting yourself up for future success. I enjoy the opportunity here unlike other companies the ability to collaborate with the executives and actually having them listen to you and your ideas. Above all what I have noticed is their genuine interest in not only their employees success in their career, but also a genuine interest in themselves on a personal level. I can only see big things ahead in the future for SGA and myself.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about my experiences at SGA.

Keep doing what you have been doing because it is working!

There are newer employer reviews for Software Guidance & Assistance

Worked for Software Guidance & Assistance? Contribute to the Community!