There are newer employer reviews for Software Specialists

Nice company to work for

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Software Specialists

Pros

SSI is a "work hard, play hard" company. They are sensitive to work/life balance and are very generous to the employees. The employees work hard, have great incentives to succeed, and have a good time together. The owner is a great guy, very family oriented, very easy to work for. The VP is awesome.

Cons

Some managers are not managers; well, not good managers. There is a huge disconnect between managers and employees. There is a lack of respect among sales, recruiters and their respective managers. Meetings are way too long and unproductive and threats are issued unnecessarily.

Advice to Management

Use a recruiter to find better managers. There is a lack of expertise and professionalism among managers and some of the employees. Remember that you get what you pay for. You hire nice people, but they are not necessarily good at what they do. You would be much further ahead if you just bit the bullet, paid for an expert and let that person increase productivity and, consequently, revenue.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Place to work and Do businesss with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

I have been working at Software Specialists

Pros

Management wants to see you succeed. You're not just another number to them. The company is very reputable and is an easy selling point to potential clients.

Cons

Because the HQ only has a few employees, it's easy for mild annoyances to turn into "In-Fighting"

Advice to Management

Don't let pettyness distract you from your job. Some peopel just complain to complain-It may be best to nip it in the bud early and tell that type of employee to "Shut Up and Work", for lack of a better term.

2. "Nice Place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Software Specialists full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the atmosphere and people around very good . Perfect work atmosphere, as the whole process is transparent.

Cons

Nothing as such.I had no problems till date, everything is suitable and available needed for someone to work in a company. I think every one over here is very much comfortable and happy as well.The higher management are also very helpful and there is no communication gap between us. They are always available to help us in any way they can.People over here are also very friendly and helpful to each other in all ways.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and if we continue doing this then "sky is the limit"