Software Technology Group (UT)

www.stgconsulting.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Software Technology Group (UT)

A company with integrity and focus on both employees and their families.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Software Technology Group (UT) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

STG strives to continually improve - the level of talent and experienced software developers makes it an excellent place to work. It is refreshing to have a company in the consulting arena that has such a generous bench policy and looks at true long term planning.

Cons

Salaries are limited by the Utah economy and unrealistic expectations of some companies (clients).

Apr 27, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

STG continues to perform market analysis on salary trends in the market. We are constantly striving to ensure our employees are well compensated for their talents. We also try to provide our clients ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Software Technology Group (UT)

1. Works hard to foster a good working environment

Former Employee - Project Manager/Business Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Project Manager/Business Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Software Technology Group (UT) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Treats its employees as professionals by supporting a family-friendly environment and trusting employee to monitor himself/herself. It's a relatively small consulting company, but incorporates benefits comparable to larger organizations. It discourages overtime, but compensates the employee when it's necessary.

Cons

As with any consulting company, job satisfaction is often associated to the project/client the employee is assigned to. Because its a small company, opportunities for advancement are somewhat limited.

Advice to Management

None - management seems to be solid.

Apr 27, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

We are continuing to provide opportunities for our employees for advancements within the company. We have recently added opportunities within our practices for employees to grow and advance in their ... More

Working at Software Technology Group

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Working at Sotfware Technology Group (STG) is a good experience for software engineers in their first ten years in the industry. They usually can provide software engineers with a variety of experiences.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that there comes a point where those who wish to advance their career into management will be unable to do so at this company.

Advice to Management

For what they do, they are great. If you are looking for something in your career that they do not provide, you will need to go elsewhere.

Apr 27, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

We are so glad that you have had a great experience working at STG. We have made some changes to our company structure, allowing for growth within the company for developers as well as those on the ... More