There are newer employer reviews for Software Technology Group (UT)

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Software Technology Group (UT) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Both business and technical management is highly supportive and effective.

Cons

Limited upward mobility due to available slots to be promoted into.

Keep up what you are doing.

reviews filtered by

Management says they have good values but doesn't follow through in practice

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Software Technology Group (UT) full-time

Pros

The company has hired some great developers who do good work for clients. For the most part they can just go about their business and not be affected by things in the office.

Cons

Management doesn't 't live up to promises made, especially about doing the "right" thing rather than what is expedient or inexpensive. Consultants are really numbers on a page rather the "friends and family" they are made out to be.

Live the values you sell to candidates during the interview.

2. For the right person, they are top notch employer

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Software Technology Group (UT) as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Higher side of average pay and above average benefits. Owner is very nice and easy to work with (seems to have an endless supply of patience).

I worked for them before, and during that time they were the best employer I ever had, bar none.

Cons

While the health insurance is provided at 1/2 cost, it's not the best policy I've seen. Its also far from the worst, so whether its a con depends on what you previously had.

If you have non-typical requirements, they can be "interesting" to work with.

Not always prompt with the salary; Several times I had to wait until Monday for a previous Friday paycheck (but they never actually missed any for more than the weekend).

At least one bad apple in management.

Other than getting rid of the bad apple (which I give zero chance of happening) there isn't much else that isn't nit picky or related to my abnormal needs that I would change.

The pay check deposit delay can be hard (had late utility payments 2 times because of it).

There are newer employer reviews for Software Technology Group (UT)