Left Hanging

I worked at Softworld

Pros

Softworld placed me in one of the best roles I've ever worked. They offer decent pay rates, W2, Health and Dental.

Cons

Lack of communication when my initial recruiter left the organization. Made no effort to help me find another position after a very long contract (24+ months). Pretty much told me I was on my own and blamed it on the economy. Failed to follow through on some serious issues (potentially litigous) created by another consultant for Software, or even adrress them. Passed the buck alot.

Also failed to register my correct tax filing, which caused me to suffer IRS penalites. (Registered me as 1099 in my home state, instead of W2 as directed.)

Provide an incentive to your recruiters for placing resources in additional contracts once the initial or current contract is completed.

Other Reviews for Softworld

A good recruiting firm with their act together

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Softworld

Pros

I worked with Softworld for three months and found them friendly, competant, and appreciative of my efforts for their client.

They paid for some of my parking, but not all.

They paid promptly and without issues, and invoicing was simple.

They took me to lunch after a few weeks.

Cons

Considering the glowing reviews I got from their client, I was a little surprised they didn't make much effort to find other work for me. I didn't hear about an opportunity for 6 months and yet I live near DC, which has hundreds of similar openings a month.

Keep up the good work and do more to find work for consultants who've done a great job for you.

Good company

Former Employee - IT Support  in  Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - IT Support in Winchester, VA

I worked at Softworld as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They are afraid to phrase folks for job well done or go out of there way to help individuals.

Cons

No comment at this time.

To contracting individuals who has shown great performance...they should be rewarded with a bonus...even pay them their holiday paid when their client does not cover it. Cause in the long run SoftWorld is making their investment for every month the individual works.
    An if the individual supports a contract for a year they should get a decent rewarded for faithful service; even a two week vacation from a grateful employer.

There are newer employer reviews for Softworld.

Worked for Softworld? Contribute to the Community!