Sogeti

www.sogeti.com

Good career route for IT professionals

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsIf your career path is in IT, then consulting with Sogeti provides a good opportunity to learn more competitive IT skills while working at Fortune 500 clients. Sogeti works with the largest companies and provides employees with reasonable opportunities to gain experience and increase in responsibility. The talent level varies, but overall most Sogeti consultants are competent and good at working together. For recent college graduates or IT professionals early in your career, Sogeti would be a great place to start and build your experience. It may also be a good fit for IT professionals that are at the point in their career where quality of life is more important than career advancement. Generally, Sogeti consulting is a 40 hour a week job with reasonable pay and benefits.

ConsPay is average and does not necessary increase regularly through the base salary. Sogeti pay increases come through bonuses that competitively sought after. Although there are a number of quantitative factors considered, the subjective aspects from management generally are the deciding factors in whether you get a bonus. Sogeti runs a lean operation to keep their billable rates competitive, so that affects both salary potential and employee support services. Employee development is below average because of this approach to cost management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSogeti has chosen a specific business approach to marketing their IT services, which makes it highly competitive with other consulting firms that charge higher billable hours. The local staffing approach also seems to work better at controlling costs and delivering better client satisfaction. One specific change that would benefit both employees in their career development and improve the skilled service offering would be to create a greater number of specialized practices, with a lower ratio of members to practice leaders. At the current ratio, there is less opportunity for practice leaders to be impactful in the the growth of their practices and the development of their members.

Unlimited Opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros: Within Sogeti I have been able to take my career any direction that I want. 5 years ago I don't think… Cons: The path for a consultant isn't one that is laid out. I… Advice to Senior Management: Gather more consultant feedback at the time of hiring and periodically to find out where they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Mixed

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros: Good benefits Good training opportunities opportunities to work in fortune 500 companies Cons: low pay, vague bonus plan More
There are newer reviews on Sogeti.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!