There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti

Good career route for IT professionals

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

If your career path is in IT, then consulting with Sogeti provides a good opportunity to learn more competitive IT skills while working at Fortune 500 clients. Sogeti works with the largest companies and provides employees with reasonable opportunities to gain experience and increase in responsibility. The talent level varies, but overall most Sogeti consultants are competent and good at working together. For recent college graduates or IT professionals early in your career, Sogeti would be a great place to start and build your experience. It may also be a good fit for IT professionals that are at the point in their career where quality of life is more important than career advancement. Generally, Sogeti consulting is a 40 hour a week job with reasonable pay and benefits.

Cons

Pay is average and does not necessary increase regularly through the base salary. Sogeti pay increases come through bonuses that competitively sought after. Although there are a number of quantitative factors considered, the subjective aspects from management generally are the deciding factors in whether you get a bonus. Sogeti runs a lean operation to keep their billable rates competitive, so that affects both salary potential and employee support services. Employee development is below average because of this approach to cost management.

Advice to Management

Sogeti has chosen a specific business approach to marketing their IT services, which makes it highly competitive with other consulting firms that charge higher billable hours. The local staffing approach also seems to work better at controlling costs and delivering better client satisfaction. One specific change that would benefit both employees in their career development and improve the skilled service offering would be to create a greater number of specialized practices, with a lower ratio of members to practice leaders. At the current ratio, there is less opportunity for practice leaders to be impactful in the the growth of their practices and the development of their members.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Sales Focused, No Overtime, Large Company. Right for some, but not all.

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

I agree with all the other pros mentioned by other posters. I would like to echo that there are many good consultants that work for Sogeti, but over the years I have seen the best of the best leave for other consultant companies who are more employee focused. Sogeti is very sales driving in everything they do. Bonuses are not based on your technical expertise but instead how much money you bill clients. Training is talked about, but if you leave the client to training you are penalized in multiple ways. Certifications are paid for, but you need to expense them and that negatively impacts your bonus. The biggest pro with organization benefits is 6% 401K matching and profit sharing bonus up to 5%. The biggest pro in regards to work is that they are a very large company and can get into bigger companies that smaller consulting companies can't touch. So there is potential to work your way to very good lead positions if you are driven. You can't get that with small consultant companies. If you are driven and want to lead projects and team, go Sogeti. If you are technology driven, then you got something to think about.

Cons

My main gripe right now is that Sogeti has altered their overtime policy in such a way that it is much harder to get credit for any overtime you work. The CEO and HR say in not so many words that reducing our overtime benefits (called comp time) is to help us. It is not that Sogeti no longer provides overtime benefits. Sogeti does offer them, but they put in place rules to make it hard to earn them. Despite numerous complaints HR is non responsive. Why do they not pay overtime? Because we are doing a lot of fixed bid projects and they don't want to risk having to pay consultants to much money. And if we are doing time and material work the company would like to pocket any overtime we bill and not pay us for it. All about the PNL.

Advice to Management

The only reason why I'm posting to this site is because I just sat through a corporate call where the main issue I keep hearing from consultants is the horrible changes made to comp time and how the new benefit to payback PTO is useless due to the hour restrictions. The issue was briefly addressed but was promoted as if all the changes were good. We are not stupid. If you need to cut costs by cutting benefits just say so. Please focus more on employees then sales. The best of the best consultants want to be technical experts and help clients solve business problems. Give us training, focus on our technical abilities and don't make us have to even think about our bill rates. Think about what you are doing.

It's mixed, sometimes it's great other times you just want to run away

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

401K Profit Sharing MSDN licenses

Cons

No Training - If you take time to train then you lose your bonus Can't take time off - They will only let you if your client says OK, and you lose bonus No Investment in Employee - They want to you be a consultant but keep billing like a contractor No referral bonus No Communication - Practice leaders change but nothing is even communicated. Don't listen to survey - they did a worldwide survey and nothing's changed, we just lost more benefits, looks like we were punished

Advice to Management

Please, it's not just Bill Baby Bill all the time. Allow us to take training and improve and not be penalized by taking away bonus. Stop taking employee benefits like comp time away so that you can line your own pockets. Please treat employees as your valuable asset Don't be cheap, invest in your employees and treat us with respect.