Sogeti

Mixed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Good benefits
Good training opportunities
opportunities to work in fortune 500 companies

Cons

low pay, vague bonus plan

428 Other Employee Reviews for Sogeti (View Most Recent)

Unlimited Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Within Sogeti I have been able to take my career any direction that I want. 5 years ago I don't think that I would be where I am today but the support that I've been given has been rewarding financially, personally and professionally.

Cons

The path for a consultant isn't one that is laid out. I consider this to be a pro, but some people require more structure than others.

Gather more consultant feedback at the time of hiring and periodically to find out where they want to go and help guide them. Advisor's don't take it upon themselves all the time.

Sales Focused, No Overtime, Large Company. Right for some, but not all.

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

I agree with all the other pros mentioned by other posters. I would like to echo that there are many good consultants that work for Sogeti, but over the years I have seen the best of the best leave for other consultant companies who are more employee focused. Sogeti is very sales driving in everything they do. Bonuses are not based on your technical expertise but instead how much money you bill clients. Training is talked about, but if you leave the client to training you are penalized in multiple ways. Certifications are paid for, but you need to expense them and that negatively impacts your bonus.

The biggest pro with organization benefits is 6% 401K matching and profit sharing bonus up to 5%.

The biggest pro in regards to work is that they are a very large company and can get into bigger companies that smaller consulting companies can't touch. So there is potential to work your way to very good lead positions if you are driven. You can't get that with small consultant companies.

If you are driven and want to lead projects and team, go Sogeti. If you are technology driven, then you got something to think about.

Cons

My main gripe right now is that Sogeti has altered their overtime policy in such a way that it is much harder to get credit for any overtime you work. The CEO and HR say in not so many words that reducing our overtime benefits (called comp time) is to help us. It is not that Sogeti no longer provides overtime benefits. Sogeti does offer them, but they put in place rules to make it hard to earn them. Despite numerous complaints HR is non responsive.

Why do they not pay overtime? Because we are doing a lot of fixed bid projects and they don't want to risk having to pay consultants to much money. And if we are doing time and material work the company would like to pocket any overtime we bill and not pay us for it. All about the PNL.

The only reason why I'm posting to this site is because I just sat through a corporate call where the main issue I keep hearing from consultants is the horrible changes made to comp time and how the new benefit to payback PTO is useless due to the hour restrictions. The issue was briefly addressed but was promoted as if all the changes were good. We are not stupid. If you need to cut costs by cutting benefits just say so.

Please focus more on employees then sales. The best of the best consultants want to be technical experts and help clients solve business problems. Give us training, focus on our technical abilities and don't make us have to even think about our bill rates.

Think about what you are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti