Sogeti

www.us.sogeti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti

Good company but could be better

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) At Sogeti, you really own your career and they give you ample opportunities to do so ie Promotion Review Board, After-hours gatherings, Counselor, tools to help get certifications etc etc
2) They offer $10,000 for Tuition Reimbursement per year
3) The HR Personell are very responsive and will hear out any complaints that you might have
4) You gain lots of experience and skills, if you want to build your skills quickly
5) Front Office is very nice and professional
6) I personally felt that if you made good and cogent arguments for a wage increase, they were usually receptive and offered you something
7) They have a very good 401k matching program
8) The Counselor Program is very good and is definitely a bright spot at Sogeti
9) If you hit the bench, they are not quick to fire you (at least in DFW)
10) MSDN Ultimate Subscription

Cons

1) They do a ton of Staff Augmentation work
2) Being placed on an assignment that has nothing to do with your skill set or what you want to do career-wise happens quite a bit and these engagements can be long
3) The company has become extremely corporate and have made several poor decisions, when looked at from the perspective of the consultant
4) For the 401k match, they use to match per paycheck but now you have to wait until December 15 to get your match. So if you leave prior to this date, you don't get a match for that year
5) You use to get Comp Time for any hours worked over 40 in a week. Now, you have to work 47 Weeks (1880 hours) worth of billable hours for Comp Time to accrue and if you dig deeper, this effectively removes Comp Time
6) Recently, they implemented a policy that new hires get laptops with very limited permissions. So if you have to use your laptop at a client, be prepared to be on the phone with help desk, trying to get basic
software installed
7) Many of the Account Executives are just salesman and really could care less about you and only care that you are at one of their accounts making money for them. Some can be very unethical as well.
8) If your client is closed and Sogeti is not, you must take PTO. Even if you want to hit the bench, you will not be able too, unless granted special permission
9) If you have a long commute to a client, they only pay .35 cents for mileage, if they cannot bill it to the client
10) Their HR System (Time, Expenses, PTO Monitoring etc etc) is one of the worst systems I have ever encountered.
11) Bonus is heavily tied to sales and your billing rate, which often times, you have no control over
12) You can get stuck doing Staff Aug for years at a client
13) You can have a known track record for upsetting clients and being kicked off engagements but as long as you are visible in the office, you can not only keep your job but get promoted as well, I saw this a few times

I think the leadership at Sogeti should be more introspective. If there is no self-reflection, they will never understand why so many good people leave after they get vested in their 401k. Be more visible at client sites so you don't have so many consultants going "native". Also, get rid of the staff augmentation mentality and start going for solution based projects, even if it means losing some money in the short run.

428 Other Employee Reviews for Sogeti (View Most Recent)

Stay away from the Dayton Unit!

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Dayton, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

In my time with Sogeti I had some great engagements that helped me grow both professionally and personally. However, that was mostly at the hands of my clients.

Cons

Over the last year, the sales funnel has dried up. Those suffering the most are the consultants. Experience ranks lower than low cost resources.

New leadership is needed in the Dayton unit. Most consultants are just waiting for their day to be called in to be laid off. Business leaders in the Dayton market view Sogeti as nothing more than a resource shop and are more often passing on Sogeti due to the "Right to Hire" clause written into the Master Services Agreement with their clients.

OK company with many areas to approve on

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good retirement benefits (matching and profit sharing). The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry.

Large, stable company with global recognition. You may not have heard of Sogeti as many people have not, but Sogeti's parent company Cap Gemini is very will known.

New employees start with 3 weeks of paid time off.

Annual bonus program with payouts up to 20K. See comments in the cons sections regarding this. The program pays out a lot of money. It is a source of both joy and frustration for employees.

Health Insurance is high deductible insurance. This means you do not pay anything for insurance from your pay check. If you need medical care you must cover deductible before insurance assists.

Salary could be good. I am content with mine and feel their pay is fair. Others do not feel that way, but everybody always wants more pay.

Clear promotion process. During interview ask about the review process. Process is clear, fair and very open.

Cons

As of 2014 employees who work extra hours will not receive overtime pay or comp time hours. This is atypical for a consulting company and current area of frustration for current employees. Management has decided that overtime pay and comp time is not something you earn and therefore can be taken away. The company has a history of benefit cutting each calendar year. During my time all the cutting was done in the area of overtime benefits.

Management is more focused on revenue growth then employees. Internal training is abundant, but spend on external training is minimal. It is very hard to get approval for external training or to attend conferences. In the few years I have been with Sogeti I have witnessed a big decline in spending in areas such as external training, company sponsored social outings and team lunches. Management focus is not on building employees or strong social culture.

Consultants do not feel like they have reasonable level of influence on the metrics that determine their bonus payout. The bonus program can be very lucrative for some employees, but due to factors included in the program is not a motivational program.

Do not become a body shop. Invest in your employees. Stop taking away benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti