Great Experiences and Growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement... --Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access --Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company. --Overall work/personal life balance --Project opportunities --Client Base --Counselor Program --Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

Cons

The only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

Advice to Management

The upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc... The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good Company but "good old boy" connections needed to move up.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice salary and fairly good benefits. 401K is great if you can stick around for 3 years. Management mostly leaves you alone to go about your business. There is a hands off mentality to their management style which is nice while you are busy working away at the clients office.

Cons

The bonus structure is a joke and you have to be "in" with the graders to really make a bonus that is worth anything. Don't let the recruiter talk you into the fact that it is easy to hit the $10 or $20K bonuses. Literally only the golden employees hit those. If you land $2.5K bonus you did really well. The reimbursement program is a hassle and the company credit card does not create any efficiencies. You might as well use your personal card to get the benefits from it (miles or points).

Advice to Management

Make sure you invest in the right managers that are committed to the area they are located in. A division manager in Seattle cannot perform his job very well if they live on the other side of the country.

Things have definitely gotten worse.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work here, you're a consultant. The money was good. I liked a lot of the people.

Cons

The benefits have gone downhill. The bonus structure is complicated and difficult to understand. This won't be a good experience for you unless you are a consultant who likes to sell. Sales is what they reward. Also, it's a true consulting company, so you get what comes along with being a consultant. There is not really a bench policy anymore. I was let go after 3 days on the bench. My boss was replaced by someone who just wanted to cut costs (that's what his bonus is based on). The new guy let people go so that he could get a better bonus. At Sogeti you are seen as $$$, not as a person.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying so much about the bottom line and invest more in the people. No one is going to work there if they know you're going to let them go as soon as they're on the bench. Also, replace the Cincinnati management.