Sogeti

There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti

Great Experiences and Growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement...
--Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access
--Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company.
--Overall work/personal life balance
--Project opportunities
--Client Base
--Counselor Program
--Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

Cons

The only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

The upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc...

The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

409 Other Employee Reviews for Sogeti (View Most Recent)

No specific tech background, but they still brought me on board.

Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are interested in developing your skills in IT, Sogeti has everything you need to advance. They provide the tools and the connections, but it is 100% up to you to take advantage of it.

Cons

You are not being paid close to what they bill you for.

More happy hours

Good experiences when billing at a client

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good partnership with Microsoft and IBM, generally no travel and local projects and ability to grow if you don't mind working above and beyond.
    You get promoted quickly and sometimes even if you are not qualified with the assumption that you can perform (can be a pro or a con).

Cons

During interviews, company will showcase their training and mentor-ship (counselor) programs which look great until you join the company. There is absolutely no investment in employees for training etc. (There are trainings delivered by other consultants but they are usually sub-optimal). You will most likely never attend a training session/course that's not free (or involves travel).
    As long as you are billing, life looks great and the culture feels good. But when you are not, you need to look for other options.

Invest in employees. Don't refer to the college tuition payment program as your great offering - very few can take advantage of a $10,000 college tuition reimbursement (with several terms and conditions) especially if you are an experienced consultant looking to grow mid-level or senior level management.
    Bonus system is a point based system which ain sounds great during interview but comes off as being very unfair and appears to be based on a very cryptic model that no one can explain or understand under the hood.

There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti