SolarCity

www.solarcity.com

I help home owner's save money on their electric bills while helping to save the planet by using clean renewable energy.

Current Employee - Energy Consultant  in  Berkeley, CA
Current Employee - Energy Consultant in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company with great people and amazing potential.

Cons

I work a lot of hours

Other Reviews for SolarCity

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

We are saving the world with a revolutionary way to go solar. There is a lot of excitement and passion within the company, and we are growing spectacularly. Although the pace is frenetic, it is fun. Improved and enhanced training is being created all the time.

Cons

If you are a reactive person, rather than someone who likes jumping over roadblocks and creating solutions to problems, selling insurance may be a better fit.

Once was a great company with great values, but now is about making money and politics.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity

Pros

Locations are generally nice with an array of refreshments. Working at place that is committed to helping the environment. Co-workers were generally nice.

Cons

Employee's being pushed out due to new management and politics. Lack of organization, Lack of training. Real lack of communication. Selling a values system that no longer exists. Politics, Politics, Politics...there were so many times this happened in different areas of the company. If you worked at the HQ location dealing with the ridiculous parking situation, involving shuttles, carpool, or employee paid parking passes. Long hours are expected and compensation is under market value for lower level positions.

The founders really need to look at their executive team and ask themselves who is there for the right reasons and who is not. Look at the amount of employees who have left and that are leaving and why. There are serious management issues that need to be addressed.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity.

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!