SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
  www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Working at SolarCity is great. 1 year and still stoked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) The people who work here are smart and fun. SolarCity attracts people who favor execution over appearance. This makes for a culture of competence and activity.
2) Company mission is super important. What is more universal and urgent than changing the way we produce and consume energy? Its a world-wide issue that couldn't be more current.
3) Here people really participate. With the amount of work to do there is no room for fat. Every position has important responsibilities that drive our goals forward. If you like naps at your desk, you probably wont be here for long.

Cons

1) Parking is tough. Our HQ building is packed to the brim so while we are making plans for expansion it is takes alot of time to shuttle to a nearby parking lot that has more space.
2) Lots to do and minimal guidance. If you value working independently this could be a good thing, but if you rely on lots of structure created by management it may be tough to operate here.

464 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

If you really want to Be part of a team, SolarCity is the place to go!

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SolarCity is a company that has one of the most team-oriented environments I have ever worked for in my decade or so in recruiting. The support you get from management to be creative is tremendous, even if ultimately disagreed upon; Management will let you know very candidly the reasons why there may be some disagreement while at the same time encouraging you to keep being creative! I can honestly that that at least within my own team that no one is ever left in the dark and management does everything they can to remain transparent at all times. There are very few egos here and everyone is super receptive to new ideas and methodologies. Again, the support from most everyone here is unmarked.

Cons

Downsides to SolarCity are honestly not that many. We work a lot of hours but this goes for everyone in the company, not just a select few. This however is insignificant as far as I am concerned as being part of this company has that entrepreneurial feel and believe it or not actually makes you want to put in the extra time to see the vision through. It’s like we’re in the trenches but we are all in the trenches and were all there together which makes it exciting! We do get a good amount of vacation time so if you really need a vacation, then take one! You'll even be paid for it! I personally could also use some additional support however management is aware of it and is taking all of the needed steps to alleviate some of the pressure. We're just growing so fast that we sometimes can't keep up! Some of the software I personally use could be a little bit better however again management understands this and actually agrees with it and is looking into alternative options as of right now.

Pay us just a tiny bit more and get us just a few additional tools and support (i.e. better software, more team members)

Great place to work for self-motivated, independent people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

work from home office
    set my own schedule
    own my desk and my work. my results depend on my own efforts
    excellent pay!
    Not micro-managed. Free to try new things and avenues to develop leads as long as I am delivering results.
    Management team listens to my ideas and asks for my input

Cons

Need better reporting and tracking tools for my position (management is aware and new systems are being reviewed)
    Meetings need to start on time (getting better)

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity