There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"The best company I have worked for to date, and I have worked for three other fortune 500 companies"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fast growing company with lots of room for advancement. They are really interested in making a change, and they're making it happen quicker than anyone else. Worked for several very large companies, and I am impressed with the involvement of the founders and upper mangement.

Cons

The amount of people involved in the installation process, and lack of communication between the different groups to make things happen.

Advice to Management

Need to make sure the install process is quicker and smoother to insure a better customer experience. Need to have one point of communication for customers so they do not receive calls from three or four different people causing confusion and frustration.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. An awesome challenge everyday!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SolarCity is changing the world one roof top at a time. Installing solar systems at the scale that we do is incredibly complicated. There are new challenges to overcome daily and I personally thrive in this environment. SolarCity has given me the chance to work on complicated projects and build lifelong work skills extremely quickly. Working at SolarCity is not easy as it requires focus, commitment and dedication to be successful. If you have these qualities, it is a wonderful place to work and you get to save the planet at the same time.

Cons

The job can be stressful and the pay is a bit low for the bay area.

Advice to Management

Keep going and keep fighting.

2. Best company gone IPO I've worked for

Former Employee - Energy Efficiency Regional Operations Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Energy Efficiency Regional Operations Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are changing the way electricity is generated in ways that cannot be put into words. These folks are visionary and will make the world a better place.

Cons

In the process of building an new industry things change fast, so if you don't like fast paced, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Better communication, between the teams and mostly to the clients. I think a single point of contact for a customer is a must.