There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Immersive, Great People

Current Employee - Analyst in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Simply put, any job is a job. SolarCity (I cannot speak for all departments) has the right people that make coming to work everyday a pleasure. Not only that, after a while it becomes more than just a job, you join the family in fighting for something you can truly believe in to make the world a better place.

Cons

Non 401k matching, food every so often. Not too much else really.

Advice to Management

Change your demeanor towards the people below you. It seems that we've slowly started to lose our start-up, care of all mentality and upper management seems to only concern itself with his or her own back and the numbers. People aren't just a statistic at companies that care and thrive. Needless to say, if you want and you're aggressive enough you will have their ear. Whether it sticks remains to be seen.

reviews filtered by

Innovative

Current Employee - Director in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Think of a place where you are surrounded by creative and supportive people who all have the same goal in mind (changing the world) add to that a well-planned and pleasant office environment set up more like a think tank than an office and remind them weekly that we are the only obstacles to the warming planet who’s success can be calculated on a daily basis. Then inspire them with industry leaders that have no limits to their imagination, energy and belief in you and that will look a lot like SolarCity.

Cons

If you don’t like change and in particular growth and being out in front, this might not be the place for you. This is a place where ideas become reality and sometimes snow ball into actual products that get mounted on a customer’s house. Employees here don’t stick to traditional schedules, they work on their projects as if it’s a master piece and when they share it with us we treat them as respected artists. We work hard, we celebrate and we play as often as we possibly can.

Advice to Management

Never foret that the innovative spirits you hired brought us to this point and although we need your leadership to steer this starship, trust that we can still blow your mind once or twice a week.

The future of energy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and great management. SolarCity allows you do be proud of what you do. There's nothing better than helping people use clean renewable solar power and save money by doing so. It's truly a win-win for the company and the customer and something you can feel really proud of.

Cons

Long hours, but that comes with any job these days

Advice to Management

Keep striving to make clean renewable energy available to more home owners. Publicize our environmental achievements.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity