SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
  www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

HIGHLY recommend getting a job with this AWESOME company!

Current Employee - Documentation Associate  in  Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Documentation Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very laid-back environment, co-workers/employees are friendly, welcoming and always willing to help with whatever you may need help on. Benefits are awesome. Free-dress Friday. Benefits in the breakroom are AWESOME as well! Workflow is structured and easy to pick up on and do quickly once understood. Opportunities to move up in company a plus also.

Cons

I can't say there is much of a downside to working for this company although the basic 9-5 office job. Even then, the company seems to make this downside enjoyable and easy to overlook!

345 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

A fast paced, growing, challenging and dynamic company to work for.

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coming from a self-employed background I find working with an energetic team (no pun intended) with one objective is incredible. SolarCity offers outstanding, top-notch training and a proven system to plug into and thrive. Benefits are excellent too. This is certainly the finest solar energy company in the world. Working for the quantifiably #1 in the industry gives one confidence daily. Lastly, the vision from the top (founders) is world changing for the good of mankind and it's a privilege to be a part of that dream becoming a reality.

Cons

Constant change. Adapting to shifts in the industry as well as internal shifts monthly (sometimes weekly) isn't easy at times. We're not driving branded Tesla's yet :)

When it comes to encouraging the team to hit their goals use a little less stick and more carrot. Fun, performance based incentives per chance? In all fairness, the SolarCity management team is very professional, focused and experienced from my perspective. Thanks Lyndon & Peter for all you do, you guys rock!

Great first company to work for.

Current Employee - PV Designer
    Current Employee - PV Designer

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solarcity has a very high energy atmosphere with a rapidly changing environment that presents constant changes/challenges. Working for Solarcity for the past year has been extremely exciting, and I look forward to watching the company grow. It is a great priviledge to work for such a great company.

Cons

As a result of the fast pace and high expectations, there is quite a bit of staff turnover, which can sometimes take a toll on morale.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!