SolarCity

www.solarcity.com

A fast paced, growing, challenging and dynamic company to work for.

Field Energy Consultant (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsComing from a self-employed background I find working with an energetic team (no pun intended) with one objective is incredible. SolarCity offers outstanding, top-notch training and a proven system to plug into and thrive. Benefits are excellent too. This is certainly the finest solar energy company in the world. Working for the quantifiably #1 in the industry gives one confidence daily. Lastly, the vision from the top (founders) is world changing for the good of mankind and it's a privilege to be a part of that dream becoming a reality.

ConsConstant change. Adapting to shifts in the industry as well as internal shifts monthly (sometimes weekly) isn't easy at times. We're not driving branded Tesla's yet :)

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen it comes to encouraging the team to hit their goals use a little less stick and more carrot. Fun, performance based incentives per chance? In all fairness, the SolarCity management team is very professional, focused and experienced from my perspective. Thanks Lyndon & Peter for all you do, you guys rock!

Great first company to work for.

PV Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros: Solarcity has a very high energy atmosphere with a rapidly changing environment that presents constant changes/challenges. Working for Solarcity for the past year has… Cons: As a result of the fast pace and high expectations, there is quite… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unethical business practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros: Seems like some are making a great living. Cons: Unethical business practices. They hide behind the "right-to-work" law. Advice to Senior Management: Be careful how you treat your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SolarCity.

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!