SolarCity

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Great opportunities

Current Employee - Manager, Customer Account Management in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Manager, Customer Account Management in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotes advancement within and provides continued opportunities for advancement. Working with amazing people who want to change the world. Monthly meetings with executive management.

Cons

At this time I cannot think of cons specific to working at SolarCity.

Share as much information as possible about the company's successes, challenges and where we are headed. This gives people who may over-focus on their specific job a sense of the bigger picture.

430 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Great first company to work for.

Current Employee - PV Designer
    Current Employee - PV Designer

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Solarcity has a very high energy atmosphere with a rapidly changing environment that presents constant changes/challenges. Working for Solarcity for the past year has been extremely exciting, and I look forward to watching the company grow. It is a great priviledge to work for such a great company.

Cons

As a result of the fast pace and high expectations, there is quite a bit of staff turnover, which can sometimes take a toll on morale.

A fast paced, growing, challenging and dynamic company to work for.

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coming from a self-employed background I find working with an energetic team (no pun intended) with one objective is incredible. SolarCity offers outstanding, top-notch training and a proven system to plug into and thrive. Benefits are excellent too. This is certainly the finest solar energy company in the world. Working for the quantifiably #1 in the industry gives one confidence daily. Lastly, the vision from the top (founders) is world changing for the good of mankind and it's a privilege to be a part of that dream becoming a reality.

Cons

Constant change. Adapting to shifts in the industry as well as internal shifts monthly (sometimes weekly) isn't easy at times. We're not driving branded Tesla's yet :)

When it comes to encouraging the team to hit their goals use a little less stick and more carrot. Fun, performance based incentives per chance? In all fairness, the SolarCity management team is very professional, focused and experienced from my perspective. Thanks Lyndon & Peter for all you do, you guys rock!

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity