SolarCity

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Great opportunities

Current Employee - Manager, Customer Account Management in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Manager, Customer Account Management in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotes advancement within and provides continued opportunities for advancement. Working with amazing people who want to change the world. Monthly meetings with executive management.

Cons

At this time I cannot think of cons specific to working at SolarCity.

Share as much information as possible about the company's successes, challenges and where we are headed. This gives people who may over-focus on their specific job a sense of the bigger picture.

579 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity with a great company!

Current Employee - Site Auditor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Site Auditor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities
    Fun incentives
    Positive and motivating work environment

Cons

No cons at this time. I guess that would be a pro not a con.

Good company but has declined in its core values and customer service.

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary, decent support, potential to move up

Cons

Too much cost cutting, short cutting services, and lack of concern with employee well being.

Over the year I have seen a steady decline in the stated core values of the company. It seems that too many short cuts and cost cutting measures have resulted in a company that can't possibly keep its promises to the customer. I have seen where these measures has cost the company more in the long run while only saving a small amount in the front end.

Services have declined and prices continue to rise. What has set SolarCity apart from other companies has been the superior customer service. Not any more.

Ever since the company went public, there seems to be blinders put up to ignore any problems that the short cuts and cost cutting have caused to the customers and employees moral.

Also, the perception is that the company doesn't seem to care about the wellbeing of the employees, other than giving lip service to it. It's all about the numbers.

I feel that the company can excel at both if the focus is there and the emphasis comes from the top down: yes cut cost but not at the expense of losing good service and abusing employees to the breaking point, Also steps need to be taken to insure that management is sensitive to the needs of the employees. Other top companies do it, SolarCity can too, no excuses.

Training needs to be done from the top down on many of these issues. A company party will not do it.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity