SolarCity

www.solarcity.com

Fast paced hard work

Former Employee - Energy Efficiency Regional Operations Manager
Former Employee - Energy Efficiency Regional Operations Manager

Pros

A very well managed company with plenty of opportunity to learn and grow if you are a very hard working, workaholic type person and can maintain a positive, can do attitude regardless of whatever curveballs are thrown your way. The company's commitment to safety is first class and appreciated by all.

Cons

The drive for perfection and improvement is relentless. Results that earn you a bonus and an excellent review one year could be deemed inadequate and get your fired next year. Complacency is not tolerated. Nothing is really ever good enough. This is understandable in a highly competitive business. But it stresses employees to the max and makes it hard to maintain morale. Expect to work long hours and forget about being able to take any time off and don't get sick. The term "work life balance" is openly mocked by management. You are expected to make the company your first priority and any family obligations a distant second.

Get more ahead of the curve in working smarter rather than making people work harder. Make sure people aren't pushed so hard they burn out.

Other reviews for SolarCity

Believe in a Better Way and Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Granite Bay, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granite Bay, CA

Pros

This is a special time in the worlds history. If you want to be a part of something huge look here!

Cons

If you don't like upward mobility and hard work then stay away.

Listen to the boots on the ground we do a good job, but don't stop listening, improve and adapt.

It has been a great experience working for SolarCity

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Great salary, awesome commission structure, and they offer fantastic benefits. So far I have worked forSolarCity for about 5 months now and I have never worked for a company as exciting and life changing as this company. Not only does SolarCity help our country here but it is also helping third world countries.

Cons

There are no downsides when you are passionate of what you do. If you like to work and you want to be compensated for your hard work this is the place to be. There is no negative when you are helping earth be a better tomorrow for our future generations.

My advice to management would be that we need to continue expanding to others stores where we can meet more people. It would be great if we can also expand to other states.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity.

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!