SolarCity

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Fast paced hard work

Former Employee - Energy Efficiency Regional Operations Manager
Former Employee - Energy Efficiency Regional Operations Manager

I worked at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A very well managed company with plenty of opportunity to learn and grow if you are a very hard working, workaholic type person and can maintain a positive, can do attitude regardless of whatever curveballs are thrown your way. The company's commitment to safety is first class and appreciated by all.

Cons

The drive for perfection and improvement is relentless. Results that earn you a bonus and an excellent review one year could be deemed inadequate and get your fired next year. Complacency is not tolerated. Nothing is really ever good enough. This is understandable in a highly competitive business. But it stresses employees to the max and makes it hard to maintain morale. Expect to work long hours and forget about being able to take any time off and don't get sick. The term "work life balance" is openly mocked by management. You are expected to make the company your first priority and any family obligations a distant second.

Get more ahead of the curve in working smarter rather than making people work harder. Make sure people aren't pushed so hard they burn out.

388 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

You can't get rid of me I'm working hard to stay!!!

Current Employee - Crew Lead in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Crew Lead in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very culture friendly, cherish the fact that promotions are from within-: from Crew Leads to ROM's one just need the proper work ethic coupled with the right workplace character, a lot of work,

Cons

bundle up winter is coming!!!

I'm all about helping the small man however from a business point of view what is best for the company is always first. In this weeks Team meeting I saw/heard where SolarCity will be donating a PV Solar system to selected Schools from any third world Country around the world "kudos to you SolarCity" now let me use this medium to throw my selection in the box (Mitchell's Hill Jr. High Sch. from Mitchells Hill, Clarendon Jamaica. btw maybe in the next quarterly or monthly prize running instead of winning a T-shirt an Employee/installer can win a small PV Solar System for his/her home. just a thought. keep the consistency coming!!!

Believe in a Better Way and Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granite Bay, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granite Bay, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a special time in the worlds history. If you want to be a part of something huge look here!

Cons

If you don't like upward mobility and hard work then stay away.

Listen to the boots on the ground we do a good job, but don't stop listening, improve and adapt.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity