There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

This is an amazing company and has been an incrediable ride.

Current Employee - Field Energey Consultant in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Field Energey Consultant in Fresno, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting work , helping people and the world. Great compensation and advancement for those that want it and are willing to work ofr it.

Cons

It is intense, demanding, everchanging and evolving . You need to be able to go with the flow.
Can be long hours and weeks, but where else can you write your own pay check.

Advice to Management

While working hard is all well and good, allowances should be set up to allow for vac. and time off without penaltys or ridacule.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company for people who are passionate about their work

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-SolarCity is a company who understands that they have to adapt, evolve and change to stay at the forefront of this industry. They are really responsive to most employee and customer feedback.
    -Promotions are all from within. If you work hard and do well you will be noticed and encouraged.
    -It's an exciting industry to be in that is rapidly growing
    - Whenever I tell people what I do they have a bunch of questions- that always makes me feel cool :-)
    - For people who are workaholics, passionate, detail oriented etc this is the perfect place for you. It will be recognized and rewarded. The bums will also be recognized and outed fairly quickly.
    -Excellent pay structure for outside sales staff. Good mix of salary, commission, bonus etc
    -Excellent health insurance and stock options...company car for outside sales people
    -Knowing that you are actually making a difference in the renewable energy field
    -Great technology

Cons

u- No matching contribution to 401k
    - Training can be a bit nuts...you really have to be motivated and willing to figure things out on your own and give it 100%
    - Having a monthly quota can be stressful at times especially at the beginning
    -Lots of growth is exciting but also means you have to ride the waves, have patience etc.

Advice to Management

-Keep up the promotions from within. Very motivating.
    -Love the high energy on sales calls.
    -Consider making training period 4 mos instead of 3 and making the virtual training more regionalized so that people in the northeast aren't practicing on CA houses and can learn more about their specific area
    - Give some match to 401k, even if it didn't kick in until 1 year of employment

You can't get rid of me I'm working hard to stay!!!

Current Employee - Crew Lead in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Crew Lead in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very culture friendly, cherish the fact that promotions are from within-: from Crew Leads to ROM's one just need the proper work ethic coupled with the right workplace character, a lot of work,

Cons

bundle up winter is coming!!!

Advice to Management

I'm all about helping the small man however from a business point of view what is best for the company is always first. In this weeks Team meeting I saw/heard where SolarCity will be donating a PV Solar system to selected Schools from any third world Country around the world "kudos to you SolarCity" now let me use this medium to throw my selection in the box (Mitchell's Hill Jr. High Sch. from Mitchells Hill, Clarendon Jamaica. btw maybe in the next quarterly or monthly prize running instead of winning a T-shirt an Employee/installer can win a small PV Solar System for his/her home. just a thought. keep the consistency coming!!!