There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

You can't get rid of me I'm working hard to stay!!!

Current Employee - Crew Lead in Cranbury, NJ
Current Employee - Crew Lead in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very culture friendly, cherish the fact that promotions are from within-: from Crew Leads to ROM's one just need the proper work ethic coupled with the right workplace character, a lot of work,

Cons

bundle up winter is coming!!!

Advice to Management

I'm all about helping the small man however from a business point of view what is best for the company is always first. In this weeks Team meeting I saw/heard where SolarCity will be donating a PV Solar system to selected Schools from any third world Country around the world "kudos to you SolarCity" now let me use this medium to throw my selection in the box (Mitchell's Hill Jr. High Sch. from Mitchells Hill, Clarendon Jamaica. btw maybe in the next quarterly or monthly prize running instead of winning a T-shirt an Employee/installer can win a small PV Solar System for his/her home. just a thought. keep the consistency coming!!!

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

Believe in a Better Way and Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granite Bay, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granite Bay, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a special time in the worlds history. If you want to be a part of something huge look here!

Cons

If you don't like upward mobility and hard work then stay away.

Advice to Management

Listen to the boots on the ground we do a good job, but don't stop listening, improve and adapt.

It has been a great experience working for SolarCity

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary, awesome commission structure, and they offer fantastic benefits. So far I have worked forSolarCity for about 5 months now and I have never worked for a company as exciting and life changing as this company. Not only does SolarCity help our country here but it is also helping third world countries.

Cons

There are no downsides when you are passionate of what you do. If you like to work and you want to be compensated for your hard work this is the place to be. There is no negative when you are helping earth be a better tomorrow for our future generations.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be that we need to continue expanding to others stores where we can meet more people. It would be great if we can also expand to other states.