SolarCity

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Fast-Paced, Ever-Changing, Great Upper, Questionable Middle

Former Employee - PV Designer  in  San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - PV Designer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

-An awesome company that is built in every way to become the industry leader
-Led by very bright individuals that can steer the company to unrivaled success within this space.
-Perks that emulate popular software startups such as snacks, soda fountain, and off site parties.
-Positive work culture that fosters healthy team building.

Cons

Before I proceed, I must say that my time with SC in general was an unforgettable experience in the most positive way. All of these cons are simply attributed to growing pains that can be rectified when the company infrastructure gets cleared out.

-The biggest complaint by everyone under the top is the compensation. Any position between actual installation and sale is realistically a waste process to the business model, so they cannot afford to compensate talent where appropriate.
-Highly dependent on the drive and motivation of people wanting to see a greener future. All others become apart of their high turnaround statistic across all departments.
-The majority of the middle management is comprised of kids that grew into the role from their start with the company. Most of which had minimal to no management experience prior. Many of which have little to no experience in other companies and/or industries.
-Individual opinions are welcomed, but rarely heard and digested.
-Going above and beyond does not get noticed unless you make it heard, as visibility in the middle down is often lacking.
-Metrics for many positions are poorly designed and do not account for labor input, rather than value produced.
-Many feel like hamsters in wheels rather than valued employees

You are in a great position to do something positive in the world while reaching a level of success that many other companies can never attain. Sometimes, to get to the top, you have to foster the brilliance you have within your doors, and let them bloom.

336 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

glass ceiling for income potential. you get to sell something you are pasionate about.

Cons

ebbs and flows of a new industry

they have a clear vision for the future of this company

There is No Place Like SolarCity!

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Blackwood, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Blackwood, NJ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at SolarCity is a very stress free no pressure environment that make it a pleaure to wake up and go to work every day.I consider one of the luckiest days of my life when they offered me a career with the company .I have never worked somewhere that ever person in the company has the access reach out to the founders of the company on any given day and they look forward to hearing your input on how to make their company a better place.

Cons

I really do not have anything bad to say about the company and I am very satisified with my employment.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!