SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
  www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Please think twice about working there!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Their mission statement is great! I love what they stand for, and their goal. I do believe that everyone should go solar.

Cons

I really was excited to start working there because I loved what they stood for. Once I started there, I really saw how superficial everyone was, and how they are only GOAL ORIENTED! They are just focused on how profitable they come across. They over work their employees and DO NOT PAY THEM WELL AT ALL! The Installers and Sales People are under payed. They promise their employees the world, and they do not deliver. They do not care about their well being. There is also no opportunity for growth!!!

Sales Team- Cannot get it together!! They are not set up for success! They are always switching up the goals and their commissions. They are all over the place, and no one has a clear understanding of what the goals are.

Installation Team- They are WAY UNDERPAYED!! They also have un-realistic goals! In this position they are super disposable. They hire them and lay them off all the time! These poor guys are not treated fairly.

Head Quarters- Many of these employees are on contracts and they are promised to be converted, and they do not keep their promise. They are stretched out thin and they do not take care of them. Many employees are not happy there.

They need to start taking care of their employees!!!!! They have no idea that most of their employees want to quit! Everyone is disposable there, and they do not care about them. Many of their managers are not trained and have no business managing people.

346 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

not recommended

Current Employee - Site Auditor  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Site Auditor in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good co-workers and snacks, big building

Cons

very poor management. low salary. they take advantage of you, use you like a dog then fire you like a dog. many people have left. i'm scared. no secure.

Beware

Former Employee - Field Energy Advisor  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Boston, MA

I worked at SolarCity full-time

Pros

This industry has a bright future , and if SolarCity changes it's culture it could easily dominate. It has seamlessly integrated the crucial elements of the business, design, construction, and finance

Cons

This company does not want to treat their salesforce with dignity or respect.
     Poor training, management by intimidation, rape of commission, and disposal of bodies when quota is missed.
    Solarcity is a firm without pity.
    Stay away if you are looking for a career.
    You will find only ruthless exploitation.

Stop treating your salespeople like they are hookers and you are the hillside strangler.
    Great companies are built by your people .....not on your people.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!