SolarCity

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Sell solar .

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fresno, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sell solar systems to costumers in the greater Fresno area. Sell solar systems to costumers in the greater Fresno area.

Cons

Need more training and mentoring from the management team. Need more training and mentoring from the management team.

453 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Chew you up and spit you out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved SolarCity at first. Great co-workers and my job itself was challenging and fun. And to be part of a movement that is helping our planet felt good too. I saw this company as a place I would like to retire from and I am relatively young.

Cons

Then the honeymoon was over. You were told you weren't working fast enough or doing enough. I was told "you don't have to work harder, but smarter." Meanwhile, tools weren't provided to do so and you ended up working long hours at a low salary pay. I worked many 10-12 hour days. People were burned out and the stress and tension in the air made it tough to work there. While I loved the employees I worked with, the lack of work/life balance really takes a toll.

Management is really poor in certain departments and unless you're in sales, training is quite poor. If you have any issues or go to HR, they are no help and very disorganized as well. It's appalling as HR is pretty cut and dry and not a new industry like solar. No excuses there.

I know as a publicly traded company now, you have to turn a profit and get out of the red and cutting back/cutting corners is inevitable. But burning your employees is not a wise solution. More often than not, successful companies have mostly happy employees. While most of the reviews on here are 5-star and short, I think they have been created artificially by the recruiting team to make potential new hires want to work there. While I worked for your establishment, many employees were unhappy. I hope this review might raise more awareness as I see your potential to be successful and I truly believe in your cause.

SolarCity upward mobility and great people

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work with amazing people. Lots of potential for career growth for those who work hard, do well, and express an interest. It feels great to sell something that is changing the world and helping families. It's even better to do it at a company that is looking at the long term... not just the here and now.

Cons

Long hours, but fulfilling. If you're uncomfortable with "change," this may not be the company for you. If you embrace new ideas and ways of doing things, you may find a home at SolarCity.

Keep the lines of communication open as we continue to grow.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity