SolarCity

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Awesome companhy to Work for

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You create your destiny, if you work hard and smart you can conquor mountains and build yourself a great business of referrals. Management is helpful and can assist in complicated issues.

Cons

Lots of change and some people are very new, but things are improving in this area. Management is sometimes overwhelmed and your immediate needs maybe put off for a while.

Promote from within and look at peoples past successes before making a decision

462 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Fast paced, profitable, & changing the world for good!

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Washington, DC

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I wake up everyday knowing that I am making a difference locally, nationally, and globally. We are growing so fast that there are great opportunities for people willing to work hard and make a difference! I got great tools day #1 to do my job. In general I get to spend 90% of my time and mental energy with customers and coworkers who pump me up and give me faith in our future.

Cons

We are growing so fast that some great, well meaning folks who believe in our mission, but need a lot more guidance, can get left behind. You really need to be on your game coming into this company.

Make sure we keep hiring people who really do have what it takes (heart, drive, talent) to keep this industry thriving for the long term. That means sometimes not hiring the best salesman in the short term to get the salesperson that cares most about quality in the long term.

Mission Driven Company

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Meaningful work to enable people to go solar
    - Disruptor in the energy space and part of the solution the world needs to reduce global warming
    - People are really friendly, nice, and easygoing. The culture is one of the best.
    - Very fair compensation plan that pays for performance
    - Upper management is visionary and clearly is in it for the long haul instead of trying to take the profit and run
    - A lot of changes translate to a lot of opportunities
    - Depending on your team, some managers are open-minded to ideas for improvement and processes to enhance efficiency
    - Some coworkers are hardworking and are smart

Cons

- A lot of changes which sometimes can mean uncertainty
    - Many back end teams are overworked because most resources went into investing in growing the sales organization
    - Depending on your team, promotion can be slow
    - Compensation is not the best
    - Market is still being developed
    - Depending on your career stage/age/motivation, work can grow to be boring

Great companies are built on great talents. Increase compensation to attract motivated and talented contributors, enhance learning opportunities, and implement something like the 20% time Google has to encourage employees to think critically to improve processes and operations, because people who work here are really passionate and care about the mission of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity