There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Great Place to work with lost of opportunity for growth! Fun company with an amazing mission

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Fresno, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to be apart of the next big Change

Cons

With change come the need to be willing to adapt quickly

Advice to Management

Believe in a better way :-)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A Stepping Stone with no pay Raises

I worked at SolarCity

Pros

Good Benefits. A good place to get started in Solar, those who get it down, leave SolarCity and go to other solar companies to make better pay.

Cons

No pay raises. Very high turnover, very unorganized, routinely told to violate code to just "make it happen".

Advice to Management

Pay Raises based upon Performance and longevity would keep your extremely high turnover down. I have been here for a less than a year and I feel like a veteran making peanuts fighting to keep the lights on.

Managers have nice titles but no credibility

I worked at SolarCity

Pros

They're strong believers in their ways. Their stock is doing well so far. That's about all the positivity I can think of.

Cons

Managers have titles but no real experience in managing. Don't expect any face-to-face training or managing. They hire you for your experience but don't use any of it. I had more experience than my managers, but they had no interest in any of my input. Managers will expect you to give your life to the company, but won't show any support for your efforts. A couple of Energy Advisors were let go because of "lack of production", but if NO ONE is hitting the numbers they expected, isn't it time to look at managements' decisions rather than fire people? It'll be flowers and sunshine at first, but please look deeper into things before signing up for the solar cult. If you have experience in sales and/or marketing, you will be frustrated in their managing practices.

Advice to Management

I would give some suggestions but they weren't interested in my input as an employee so I'm not interested in offering advice now.