There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

The first job I ever had where the management was smarter than me. Work here if you can.

Current Employee - Field Sales in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Field Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are given free room to succeed, and success is noticed and rewarded by direct and senior management. Lots of opportunity for rapid career advancement and development. The company is full of smart, interesting, motivated people. Management has yet to do something that I wouldn't do in their place. The epitome of "doing well by doing good". I turned down a much better paying job when I joined SolarCity, and I made the right decision.

Cons

The company is very de-centralized in terms of employee locations, so there may be a lot of variety in experience. I am not an employee working out of HQ. Many employees are relatively autonomous in the field (for better and worse). This is not a place to coast and requires a large commitment of time and energy. SolarCity decisions can be strict at times, but they're always logical and ultimately fair.

Advice to Management

Stop making video montages to music. Just stop. No. Shhhh...no.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

Opportunity of a Lifetime!

Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager

I have been working at SolarCity full-time

Pros

Rapid growth gives opportunity for advancement. Fulfilling and validating. SolarCity provides jobs for literally thousands of friendly coworkers, good for the environment, saves people money, managers that care about their employees.

Cons

tends to feel a little corporate from time to time, just because of the sheer number of employees. Very fast paced as we claw for market share, sometimes feels a little too fast.

Advice to Management

Let's take over the world.

This was the nastiest employer I ever worked for.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer a salary and benefits, which is very unusual in this field.

Cons

It is like working for the gestapo. They have unrealistic expectations, do not treat you with respect, and have you on a short tether 7 days a week.

Advice to Management

Sensitivity training. Learn to treat ADULT employees like adult human beings.