SolarCity

www.solarcity.com

The first job I ever had where the management was smarter than me. Work here if you can.

Current Employee - Field Sales  in  San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Field Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are given free room to succeed, and success is noticed and rewarded by direct and senior management. Lots of opportunity for rapid career advancement and development. The company is full of smart, interesting, motivated people. Management has yet to do something that I wouldn't do in their place. The epitome of "doing well by doing good". I turned down a much better paying job when I joined SolarCity, and I made the right decision.

Cons

The company is very de-centralized in terms of employee locations, so there may be a lot of variety in experience. I am not an employee working out of HQ. Many employees are relatively autonomous in the field (for better and worse). This is not a place to coast and requires a large commitment of time and energy. SolarCity decisions can be strict at times, but they're always logical and ultimately fair.

Stop making video montages to music. Just stop. No. Shhhh...no.

Other Reviews for SolarCity

Opportunity of a Lifetime!

Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager

I have been working at SolarCity full-time

Pros

Rapid growth gives opportunity for advancement. Fulfilling and validating. SolarCity provides jobs for literally thousands of friendly coworkers, good for the environment, saves people money, managers that care about their employees.

Cons

tends to feel a little corporate from time to time, just because of the sheer number of employees. Very fast paced as we claw for market share, sometimes feels a little too fast.

Let's take over the world.

Amazing

Current Employee - Fea  in  Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Fea in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovators, Changing the world, making a difference

Cons

The reduction of team meetings. One meeting every 5 months is not enough when your inside a THD store.

Randomly reach out to team members in your sales field that showed success and numbers declined. Changes in direct management several times in one year can effect a person performance.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity.

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!