SolarCity

www.solarcity.com

Great starting place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsIf you are young this is a great place to get experience and skills. If you are smart and have a good idea, you will likely be heard. If you are consistently smart, you will be given responsibilities way over your pay grade and what your background would justify. The CEO and COO are very likable, and the general level of talent is surprisingly high.

ConsThe opportunity for new responsibility makes it is easy to burn out here. Expect to work long hours. The idea of a work-life balance is openly mocked. The culture is militaristic, you're with us or against us, at war with the utilities, etc. Advancement is very political and sometimes it feels as if you are just as likely to get fired as get promoted. Turnover is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the leadership is out of touch, and the idea of a lean start up has been taken to an extreme. Top talent is attracted to this company for great reasons but they are burning out!

The first job I ever had where the management was smarter than me. Work here if you can.

Field Sales (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros: You are given free room to succeed, and success is noticed and rewarded by direct and senior management. Lots of opportunity for rapid career… Cons: The company is very de-centralized in terms of employee locations, so there may be a lot of variety in experience. I am not an… Advice to Senior Management: Stop making video montages to music. Just stop. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I am Living My Dreams!!

Field Energy Consultant- Sales (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for less than a year

Pros: So, I am in a "sales" position, but I don't have to ask people for money. It's really that simple. I offer people power… Cons: This is a disruptive technology that is changing a very entrenched sector of our reality. With this comes some uncertainty (as with any company,… Advice to Senior Management: Deconstruct the sales process to the basic parts. Train those only, first. Then layer advanced trainings in along the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SolarCity.

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!