SolarCity

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Customer Service Rep...new to the company

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist  in  Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quite a few nice people to work with, the health benefits seem good, the break rooms are stocked with snacks and drinks

Cons

Its a call center, the pay is bad...the pay doesn't match what they expect the customer service rep to do/know (which is just about everything), above i said the health benefits seem fine...but with the amount your paid...after paying benefits...you're basically making a min. wage paycheck every two weeks; oh and I didn't factor in taxes!

as a customer service rep you're a salary employee... pay is $25,000 annually. they offer a bonus program if you meet or exceed monthly quota. The highest bonus paid monthly is $700 (that's getting 150% of quota) so basically impossible to get unless you work all the time...which then wouldn't make sense because as a salary employee you don't get overtime and if you worked overtime you'd get paid more. other employees have said that getting above monthly quota is difficult to get. I think management should just roll the $700 monthly into our annual salary (it'd be an extra $175 a week on our weekly pay). The better pay...would make us a lot happier to be representing the company and would give us more breathing room financially.

The company seems to be growing...fast, which can be good and bad.

its a call center...gets old, real quick

they seem to hire more from the outside then internally; I don't want to be a customer service rep forever...really i just don't want to be stuck on the phones forever

333 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!