Sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

All sales take time to reach where you want to be.

Advice to Management

Support your guys as much as you can.

reviews filtered by

I am Living My Dreams!!

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant- Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant- Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So, I am in a "sales" position, but I don't have to ask people for money. It's really that simple. I offer people power at a lower rate than they pay now. No money up front. Savings in the first month. This is the easiest thing I've ever "sold".

SolarCity is and will continue to change the world. I am so happy to be a part of it. The amount of sales required per month is minimal. We actually aren't judged on "sales" per se, but we are judged on how many "Families" we have helped. It is small and simple, but the mentality of what I do every day is based on helping. Helping save humanity, helping families save money on their bills, or helping people become educated on a new alternative to monopolistic utility corporations. The company fosters this type of thinking.

Also, we give solar power and lighting to a 3rd world school for every 1MW of solar we install on peoples homes. Helping to increase education levels in the world is very important to me, and it really makes me feel good that our founders care.

I am also a supporter of the philosophies of Elon Musk, our chairman, together we are making a positive impact on the world. I am a very proud person right now.

Cons

This is a disruptive technology that is changing a very entrenched sector of our reality. With this comes some uncertainty (as with any company, there are no crystal balls).

If you want to sit back and collect a check, go work somewhere else. We are changing the world, and it's hard work. So you must do hard work to make this change. I feel great after working hard, some people don't.

The only constant in life is CHANGE. Get used to it, be adaptable. Lots of change here. Mostly all good.

You have to understand the long term goals of SolarCity. Understand why they do or change what they do. Then it all makes sense.

I would have to say that training could be more effective and more extensive.

As always, there are some people who complain and are lazy. Stay away from that negativity, and stick to the people with great attitudes and work ethics.

Advice to Management

Deconstruct the sales process to the basic parts. Train those only, first. Then layer advanced trainings in along the way. This is a very easy and basic sale. I think people who haven't succeeded yet are complicating the consultation.

awesome

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

competitive,fast pace,casual, green energy,energetic coworkers

Cons

limited parking, long hours,hard work

Advice to Management

communicate more