SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Rapidly growing company filled with forward thinkers.

Former Employee - Direct Energy Consultant in Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Direct Energy Consultant in Honolulu, HI

I worked at SolarCity full-time

Pros

Despite rapid growth, SolarCity still tries to remain nimble and adapt quickly when necessary.
Great values.

Cons

Its difficult to understand what is going on with HR. At times they were completely unresponsive. My entire team had to wait for several extra months to get our benefits set up. The online system didnt work and HR simply did not respond to voice/emails.

Keep kicking butt

581 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Great people, no loyalty

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, interesting company, fun work environment, high growth company.

Cons

After seeing many friends get fired (from all types of jobs, not only sales) there was a palpable sense of distrust among employees about management. Additionally, many in management appear to have gotten promotions from their 'bro-ness' rather than from intellect or ability. There are of course exceptions, many people are very intelligent and qualified, but overall I was never impressed with mid management at SCTY.

Take a look at young hungry employees and try to feed them into a system that would reward them, rather than tire them out and force them to leave.

As of today, it's the role that I was hired as or signed up for.......

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When I was first hired it was the perfect work-life balance. My requirements that got me to my second interview were: MBA, previous work exp.- owner and management exp., and motivation to run this business as my own. Earning power and great potential to achieve my goals were foreseeable.

Cons

As of today, Solarcity has changed my position to 10-7 clocking in and out, can not manage as my own business, pay structure is different. There is not a work-life balance when my quota has not been adjusted according to days worked. For example if I only have worked 10 days in a month, and still expected to hit a "30 day" quota- there is no "work-life balance". Previously, we (FEA's) were able to schedule our FEC's to help us generate Opps when we were not at the store. The FEA job has been reduced to an average retail job that can not support a family, nor a single person. As a "celeb FEA" last year- as they called me. I only earned 27,000- putting me in the poverty income bracket as a mother of two. Sad!

What brought me to Solarcity was the flexibility to achieve my goals and run it as my own business. This is a sales job, and sales jobs do not work any specific hours, and nor do I now have a lot of options of where I work, when and who I give my Opps to. This job in the later months almost cost me my marriage, and several thousands of dollars that I did not make. Moving forward, I need the flexibility to work different shifts, trade with others, give my Opps to sales people that I trust. Working 8 hours on a Sunday is a waste and it's something that I can not do but once a month. The inability to have FEC's generate Opps for us is also a problem. I am making less money now than ever!

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity