There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

It has been a fast pace with a lot of personal growth required on my part to stay with the pack of amazing leaders.

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I believe I am working for the best company of all time. I love working for SolarCity!

Cons

The job doesn't leave much time for family and friends; especially if you have to travel out of town.

Keep doing what you've been doing since you brought in Hayes! SolarCity has a Zen like management style: with love, gratitude, and appreciation!

reviews filtered by

New Las Vegas office fosters fake and flakey career reality.

Former Employee - Interconnection Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Interconnection Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SolarCity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and snacks offered in a chic break room.

Cons

False training promises; muddled communication events; hidden agendas; lies.

In Las Vegas, SolarCity lures you into very low-salaried jobs by offering opportunity and benefits that might become a sparkling reality if the company doesn't get rid of you after a few short weeks.

The luminous SolarCity Las Vegas office, in dreamy Town Square, is a mangled menagerie of very young, so-called professionals, mostly from the foggy "Bay Area," and those who are leads and managers at this new office truly seem to be in a fog when it comes to training and communication.

When you are hired and start the job, you'll be told that you have months to become comfortable and confidant at your new job tasks, and do make sure to ask as many questions as needed . Beware, however - if you make one mistake that your lead finds distasteful, the sun will quickly set on your very low-paying career, and you will be out the door faster than a shooting star.

The work is excruciatingly repetitious, the co-workers, mostly transplants from the California headquarters, are coldly cliquish, and if you do get a gig here, be warned - don't ask too many questions while you are learning your job, or your young lead will admonish you, casting your sunny SolarCity career into darkness.

The office in Las Vegas was originally inhabited by the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce and is tres chic. But the inhabitants now have put a shadowy pall over the soignée domain.

SolarCity, here in Las Vegas, I discovered while working there for exactly one month, has no intention of installing solar photovoltaic residential projects here in Nevada anytime soon; maybe never.

This is simply another billion-dollar company moving from one highly taxed state to Nevada where operating costs are much lower, attracting desperate, unemployed people to jobs that pay just above the federal poverty line.

Stay away from this joint. Take my word; it's a real solar eclipse.

I've never worked for a better company!

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun, Vision, Leadership, Flexability, Exciting! I have been working here for almost 2 years and this company does it right! If there is an error made they fix it. So refreshing. Since I began working here things have gone from good to really great. Each month there is something new and exciting happening. If there is something not working well the company will fix it.

Cons

Long hours. It can feel like you are working a lot. I'm compensated for hard work but I have to remember to schedule a little me/family time.

Please keep the environment fun!

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity