SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Awe-inspiring company who is making a difference! Co-Founders are so inspirational!!!!

Current Employee - Sales in Bridgeport, CT
Current Employee - Sales in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

We are really, really making a difference and showing America that there really is a better way to get your energy! There is rapid growth, very upbeat, positive people throughout the company, who truly care about the environment and the company, and the company/employees are very customer focused!

Cons

Lots of nepotism, which isn't always a bad thing, but when it impedes recognition or promotions of deserving people, it creates a sticky environment. Pay is the same no matter where you live in the country, even though the cost of living is much higher in certain geographies.

Pay attention to the nepotism. There is even an HR person who handles part of his wife's territories!!
Also, pay should be associated with the cost of living in the geographical areas.

527 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

New wave

Current Employee - Residential Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Residential Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SolarCity

Pros

Can be fun at times, but door to door sales isnt the most stimulating career. Great for the consumer. Work life balance is great, but if you dont work, you dont eat.

Cons

No real vision yet. DOOR TO DOOR (D2D) sales isnt the way to go. People dont trust solar yet. It will take probably another generation for people to finally come to. As D2D salesman its tough and we dont get paid that much for one deal that is a 20 yr commitment for the company. Residual would be nice. All young kids are salesmen. Unless you are a manager thats when you get paid the real money. Plus market is saturated with solar with the other companies already knocking on the same doors you are doing last week.

Keep making the money.

Flexible schedule and fantastic boss.

Current Employee - Field Energy Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Field Energy Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is generous and training was a bit of a challenge since I was not accustomed to using Salesforce in the past. The trainers were very patient because they themselves began in the same position.

Great yearly salary and generous bonus structure.
    We are helping the planet by lowering the carbon footprint as well as helping individuals save on their utilities.

Cons

Working with the public is challenging. When we discuss with individuals how we help them to save on their utility bill, some of them keep walking and others politely decline listening.

There is an upside-- when approached by a prospect others gather around to see what's going on and some do sign up for solar power.

Keep doing what you do! You ladies and gentlemen are the best.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity