SolarCity

www.solarcity.com
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

Who's got it better than us? Nobody!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Granite Bay, CA
Current Employee - Inside Sales in Granite Bay, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture! Management that cares about their employees and their career growth as well as their own. Pay is outstanding for what you get to do all day. Execs really want to change the world and you can feel the passion even in the lower levels.

Cons

I can see where if you aren't passionate or ambitious, this would get a bit overwhelming....A+ players only!

Keep caring and changing the world. Don't loose that inspiration

527 Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity (View Most Recent)

Changing the world everyday

Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant
    Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I wish there was 10 stars, I think the world is about to think a lot smarter, and people will come together with the family and communities all around. Excellent Salesforce, and we're lubing the parts to a machine that has barely turned on yet.

Cons

There really are no cons. This is what I dreamed about my whole life. Just like for the homeowner when making the decision to save money, and the environment without any investment. Solarcity treats their employees with respect, as to the homeowners, and when they sign up the homeowners with solar they have a trusted, well mannered staff through every step of the way. There's a reason we're #1,

Gotta love the managers, everyone's time will come when we all could possibly be managers. Just work hard. Smart. And different. I work in Chico, and my teams great. People are learning what they're good at everyday. A couple things that would help are not on the managers side, it's on the process.... sometimes interest is coming in so fast it's hard to keep track of everyone you just signed up. Every office needs a personal OA office assistant to call, check emails, write emails, organize a visual agenda. This would lead to at least 20% solid growth. Dashboard style pay tracking system. Because the money needs to be cradled it is motivating for a representative to see daily about how much the kilowatts can add up and multiply, an old alarm company had a simple platform. Commercials eventually, company issued teslas. 1team1dream

Great company.

Current Employee - Operations in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most positions have incentive plans to boost income drastically without hitting impossible goals. It's fast paced and everyone works hard, but it's exciting to be a part of a company that is growing so quickly. Seems like only the best of the best are hired, very smart and socially likable people with good work ethics and who care about what we're accomplishing. Tons of job stability with room for career growth, good benefits, very competitive compensation, and a general feeling that everyone is being taken care of by the company. I highly recommend working for SolarCity if you're on the market or interested in making a switch to green energy.

Cons

Again, fast paced environment, but not sure if I'd call that a con as much as it's just part of the job. Not your 9 to 5 type of gig and that's not everyone's cup of tea. Parking is tricky.

There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity